Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Diplomacy for Dummies

Has there ever been a more embarrassing toe-curling "Diplomatic" mission in the annals of world history than the ludicrous PLANNED fiasco by two worn out American hippies in Paris? Taylor hanging his head in embarrassment while singing "You've Got a Friend" to a nation in mourning, with Kerry standing by satisfied and smug. It was "cringeworthy".
    Last edited by coracle; January-17-15 at 01:18 PM.

That's the image they wanted to project. No wonder no one respects us.

With his declaration that "I really wanted to come here and share a hug with all of Paris and all friends," Secretary of State John F. Kerry whole-heartedly continues Hillary Clinton's “Smart Power” approach to conducting American foreign policy.

Name:  Hollande_and_Kerry.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  24.6 KB

As the former Secretary of State defined it last December in a speech to a half-empty hall at Georgetown University, "Smart Power" is “using every possible tool and partner to advance peace and security".

In this most recent example of the application of Smart Power, Francoise Hollande was the partner and James Taylor was the tool.

Name:  Kerry and James Taylor.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  24.4 KB

WTF. Did Kerry swap spit too ??

Just when Lurch had dredged the nadir of our puerility along comes Obama to be interviewed by GloZell Green to out rank him.

I'm watching the momentus snow storm on the East coast and expecting Kerry [[the one that served in Vietnam) to turn up with Bing Crosby any moment to give a rendering of "White Christmas"
    Last edited by coracle; January-27-15 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Just when Lurch had dredged the nadir of our puerility along comes Obama to be interviewed by GloZell Green to out rank him.
    GloZell. Bawahahaha.

On a more positive note, Michelle Obama didn't cover her hair on the president's trip to make friends with the new Saudi tyrant. Although foreign women are not required to cover their hair, this did create a tiff in Saudi Arabia. While not a Michelle Obama fan, I appreciate her standing up for women in that Country. This may be our greatest diplomatic hair event since Benjamin Franklin refused to wear a powdered wig in the French court.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    On a more positive note, Michelle Obama didn't cover her hair on the president's trip to make friends with the new Saudi tyrant. Although foreign women are not required to cover their hair, this did create a tiff in Saudi Arabia. While not a Michelle Obama fan, I appreciate her standing up for women in that Country. This may be our greatest diplomatic hair event since Benjamin Franklin refused to wear a powdered wig in the French court.
    I like your "more positive note" I wondered if you had seen this in the foreign press http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...condem-it.html

I am surprised that nobody has posted an image of President Bush taking King Abdullah by the hand, walking through the flowers, and kissing the tyrant.
    Our diplomacy has been a whack-a-mole failure, for decades. Today's allies are tomorrows foes. It has not been a failure for the war profiteers who reap the profits, though, has it?

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I like your "more positive note" I wondered if you had seen this in the foreign press http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...condem-it.html
    Nice article pointing out the indignities Saudi women deal with. Michelle did the right thing. I remember that after 9/11, Bush agreed to allow 15,000 Saudi students to study in the US. This is right after mostly Saudi's took down the Towers. At the time, I wrote to the University of Wisconsin asking what percentage of Saudi students studying at the UW were female. The University replied claiming not to know. Then I wrote to two campus feminist organization thinking there might be an issue but all I heard from them was crickets. So, anyway, it is refreshing to see Michelle politely taking on the Saudi leadership.

Yep the comedic distraction to insure continued popcorn sales......

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    GloZell. Bawahahaha.