Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Detroit Auto Show 2015 - Who's Going?

Anybody going? I keep hearing rave reviews from press previewers calling the best in years. I am guessing the auto companies flush with profits have pulled out the stops - quite different from the austere 2009 Preview Night I attended when all was doom and gloom.

I captured this picture of the new electronic display at the corner of Washington and Congress. On the left is the corner of the recently sold and discussed Marquette Building. Click Image for full screen view.

I am planning with my SO and friends on Monday. Heard on the radio this morning this years show is showcasing the best and luxurious from the auto makers. Can't wait!

I'll be attending since I'm in town to see the Wings & Pistons. There was an article in the News today about the lack of mainstream debuts and I agree. While the exotics/luxos are nice, there's nothing new for the average Joe. Too often cars debut throughout the yr. now and I think they should be saved for the 4 major U.S. shows and maybe Toronto.

Watching Rick Wagner lose $70-billion & auto show tux-talk about how great GM life is all we could take......including Bing & bankrupt Detroit.

This is, without a doubt, the best show in YEARS. Not just because of the great intros from Detroit's companies, but also because the Europeans and Asians have decided that this was the best place to showcase their innovations as well. This year marks the change from Detroit being A major show to THE major show.

But I'm not going because seeing the Ford GT would be like going to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa

I was there on Wednesday. It is a very good show. I am not car shopping, so I spent my time looking at the exotics. Nothing quite like sitting in a $355K Bentley...

This year's Auto Show attendance topped out last year's by 5,000 peeps.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...bers/22315831/