Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Monte cristo sandwich

Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any restaurant that makes a good monte cristo sandwich in the Detroit area? I'm surprised this sandwich isn't as popular as it should be here. I know it's more of an east coast dish, but who doesn't love deep fried french toast?

I haven't looked too hard, but when I'm out I see if it's a menu and around here I'm having a hard time finding it. Thanks guys!

Honest John bar & grill-
    488 Selden St
    Detroit, MI 48201 Midtown, Cass Corridor

Dooleys Tavern in Roseville serves a good one
    Elwoods Bar and Grill"
    IGoogle Monte cristo sandwich-detroit many places turned up
    Last edited by scooter; January-12-15 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Honest John bar & grill-
    488 Selden St
    Detroit, MI 48201 Midtown, Cass Corridor

Dooleys Tavern in Roseville serves a good one
    Elwoods Bar and Grill"
    IGoogle Monte cristo sandwich-detroit many places turned up
    Thanks scooter! I did that immediately after. Yelp provided some places but when I looked at their menus, there wasn't a monte cristo listed. The only one was the resto at the Townsend that served one for 17 bucks!

I was at Vivio's, a place that would serve it, over the weekend and our waitress didn't even know what it was. Though she was eager to give the recommendation onto the chef.

Honest? John's does indeed have a Monte Cristo on their menu. I've had it numerous times as it's one of my favorites there.

https://locu.com/places/honest-johns-detroit-us/#menu

It's listed under both Breakfast & Sandwiches

Thanks Middetres, I just was going to post honest John menu, yes dooley does to its yummy
    heard there more places downtown that have it

Signature Grill used to have a great Monte Cristo, but they last time I went it was no longer on the menu... :-[[

http://www.signaturedetroit.com/

Ashley's in Westland has it on their menu. Also, poutine. The sandwich was pretty decent, the poutine was just OK. I haven't been to a Bennigan's in years but they also served said sandwich.

Bennigan's still has it on their menu.

Quote Originally Posted by yaktown View Post
    Bennigan's still has it on their menu.
    That's good if you're willing to go to Howell or Saginaw for that sandwich, as those are the only Benningan's locations within 100 miles of Detroit according to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    That's good if you're willing to go to Howell or Saginaw for that sandwich, as those are the only Benningan's locations within 100 miles of Detroit according to their website.

yep Benningans, moved out of Detroit way back, had one downtown, Madison Heights a couple of other ones,