Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default First 7 of 80 new *gorgeous* DDOT buses arrived. Along with new phone app. [Pics]

Nice to see real investment in public transportation for the city.

And these new buses are REALLY nice I might add.. I remember reading a while back the first new ones will be the 53 route along woodward? might be wrong though.. but can't wait to see them in use.
    Name:  B62eTkxIQAAmQwT.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  48.5 KB

https://twitter.com/MayorMikeDuggan/...72396032258048

These are New Flyer Xcelsior buses, just to let you know. 31 of these have been produced, some hybrid models-which ones are hybrids, I need to know exactly.

will the decrepit buses actually be scrapped or will the city try to just eke out whatever's left in them as they still break down?

Does the DDOT have the garage personnel to keep up the maintenance/repair on these busess? how about the spare parts supplies? Any outdated parts need to be sold/scrapped.

side note: still no news on the alleged cross-county BRT lines.. or who would operate them.

Detroit mass transit users deserve these new buses!

It's so weird seeing modern buses in Detroit. I'm used to seeing the Nova buses which if I'm not mistaken, there's still plenty of them out running routes, aren't there? Anyway, I'm just now getting used to seeing the more square shaped buses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    side note: still no news on the alleged cross-county BRT lines.. or who would operate them.
    No real news on that other than preparations for the ballot measure. However there are efforts being taken to deal with the "low hanging fruit" among the systems according to this article in the C&G papers today:

http://www.candgnews.com/news/transi...ovements-80294

Damn, those are some pretty cool looking brand spanking new buses, good job mayor!

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    I'm used to seeing the Nova buses which if I'm not mistaken, there's still plenty of them out running routes, aren't there?
    Yep, still are...just saw one on Tuesday on Larned Street.