MATTHEW NAIMI BIKES FOR GROWTH
Matthew Naimi takes his campaign to the streets with the
help of a local Detroit business.

[[Detroit, Michigan) August 3, 2009 — Matthew Naimi, Detroit City Council candidate took his environmental message to the neighborhoods of Detroit on Sunday with help from local business, Wheelhouse Detroit. Naimi’s Bike 4 Growth was part of his final push to reach voters before Tuesday’s Primary Election.

On Sunday, August 2nd, 2009, Naimi and a team of 25 supporters hit the streets on bicycles to explore neighborhoods and engage voters while building awareness of his green message. In a unique initiative to encourage an alternative to motorized vehicles, rallied participants were not only showing support for Naimi, but also expressing their environmental beliefs and desire to learn more about the surrounding neighborhoods of Detroit.

Naimi moved to the city in 1996 in search of the youthful appeal that sets Detroit apart from other cities—learning more about the creative culture, while tempering it with a measure of refinement, Naimi managed to find a place with other young entrepreneurs. Naimi is hopeful that his campaign message has energized his supporters the way his peers have inspired him. “Most of the small businesses that have begun operations in Detroit over the past 5 years have made an effort to protect the environment. I am proud to have helped them achieve these goals and am honored for them to help me on my campaign,” said Matthew Naimi.

The tour began at the Wheelhouse Detroit and took participants through the Villages, Lafayette Park, Brush Park, Midtown, Corktown where they ended for a beverage at Foran’s.

On Monday, August 3rd, 2009, Naimi will be riding neighborhoods to talk with community members one final time before the election on Tuesday.

Get involved. vote4growth.com On August 4th, make your vote 4 growth. Matthew naimi for Deetroit City Council.