Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Home for the holidays: Detroit woman shot to death on Christmas morning

This is crazy! Sitting in a car seems to be very dangerous recently.

From article: A bright young woman with a promising future had her life cut short on Christmas morning on Detroit's east side.

Christina Samuel was sitting in her car when she was killed.

Her family is grieving and angry.........

"She wanted to get into grad school, she was making those preparations and was all set to go ... before."

Christina was murdered, just after midnight, she was waiting to meet up with an old friend from childhood that she had not seen in years.

She was sitting in car, parked near the corner of Carlisle and Redmond, on the city's east side and died in a hail of gunfire.

"The friend arrived, he got in the vehicle with her," Moore said. "Gunmen opened fire on the vehicle."

Police say one suspect had a pistol and the other had a long gun.

"I don't know what their motive was, I don't know what their mindset was," Moore said. "I don't know why we choose to settle our issues the way we do, but my baby sister. She is gone."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27...istmas-morning
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-14 at 09:16 AM.

As in the case of the lady musician who had her instruments stolen, one needs to carefully choose and vet their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    As in the case of the lady musician who had her instruments stolen, one needs to carefully choose and vet their friends.

I agree eith u,if that girl from GP did thatshewould be alive to day,, What ever happen to parent making sure to meet their kids friends, and you better be going to where you said you were going, because if you were doing wrong and looking for trouble and you were where u shouldnt stuff lhappen

also sorry for your loss zacha341, just another innocent victim, hopefully people will put up reward money like they did for that girl the other day, prayers go out to u
    Last edited by scooter; December-31-14 at 08:40 AM. Reason: didnt finish

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post

also sorry for your loss zacha341, just another innocent victim, hopefully people will put up reward money like they did for that girl the other day, prayers go out to u
    What are you talking about? Zacha341 was putting up a link to a story about a girl being shot, never once did they mention anything about knowing them.

^^^ Right-O. We can all stand for prayers these days, but I did not know the young woman.

However, I've worked on the east side and know the area. I hope this and other senseless crimes are solved, and the 'no snitchin' culture, that helps keeps the murderers concealed ceases.

sorry about that Zack, you confused me your last sentence said you lost your baby sister

Well folks! Black folks are becoming extinct like the dinosaurs they are!

^^^ Eh, just remember you ARE including yourself if you keep up with that thinking, Di-no......!

We've go to attempt turn the tide on this - COME ON! We are starting up our block club again for example. Getting to know neighbors is a start. And SPEAK UP and OUT when you see and know of crime!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-14 at 12:28 PM.

I hear you. That was 'quoted' info from the article. I went back and italicized for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    sorry about that Zack, you confused me your last sentence said you lost your baby sister
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-14 at 09:17 AM.

I'm sure the gunners were card carrying NRA members with CPL's.
    Sarcasm off.

It's an f'in shame it is.

Where's the omnipotent one when you need him?

That is pure evil.

Umm, sifting thru the politics, I can assure you most gun totting thugs in the D are not NRA members. Further, I don't think many Detroiter's who own guns for home protection [[in their homes or CPL's) are 'conservative' [[heaven forbid... a sin beyond blasphemy), let alone NRA folk. This is bigger than that narrative.

Where's the omnipotent? Well, I'll let minds brighter than mine to ponder that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well folks! Black folks are becoming extinct like the dinosaurs they are!
    Danny, I can't tell if that's supposed to be a joke or what, but that is one of the most ignorant, insensitive, posts you've made. Lowell, feel free to send me one of those Admin e-mails.

^^^ Agreed. That's why I had to give him a bit of a 'check' on his comment.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-14 at 09:33 AM.

Danny, the self-loathing path is the one least likely to raise those in the black community who need to escape the cycle of violence. The real inspiration is given by the victim's path and her brother's sober and intelligent approach. I see no hate in him, disgust for sure, but he will not be an easy victim of negative thought.

blessings to the family. craziness. messed up behavior by the ignorant and hollow minded.

Precisely. Self loathing is useless. Further, it does not set the party doing so apart for 'favor'. This young ladies path was one to emulate and I hope some kind of memorial, or a small grant of some kind at her college is set up in her name.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Danny, the self-loathing path is the one least likely to raise those in the black community who need to escape the cycle of violence. The real inspiration is given by the victim's path and her brother's sober and intelligent approach. I see no hate in him, disgust for sure, but he will not be an easy victim of negative thought.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-14 at 12:26 PM.