Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Former Motown musician wants stolen instruments back

Dayna Hartwick sat down with FOX 2 and spoke about how she recorded music with some of the greats, like Smokey Robinson, Diana Ross, Barry White and the Jackson 5 among others.

To her, the stolen items aren't just musical instruments, they are her life.

She played the piccolo instrument on Smokey Robinson's "Tears of a Clown" and "Reach Out" by The Four Tops.

Hartwick played with The Funk Brothers from 1965 to 1972, recorded background sounds for Motown's best.

"The group I played with most was either The [[Four) Tops or Stevie [[Wonder) and Smokey [[Robinson)," Hartwick said. "I did Diana [[Ross) too. Not the Temptations too much, but I did a couple albums with them."

Hartwick is part of history - even recently receiving an award from Billy Dee Williams for for being one of the most outstanding women of Motown.

Now several instruments she used to create such memorable sounds are stolen.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27...struments-back

Sad, I hope she gets the items back. Per the article she'd let someone she was involved with "live with her in her West Bloomfield Township house". Often being involved with someone is not the same as knowing or acknowledging a persons character or lack. She should check Ziedmans and American Pawn as well as Craigs and Ebay.

On the news [[probably in the video, too) she said she'd checked a couple pawn shops and had someone watching CL and ebay. I just thought that I'd put it out there so all of us are aware, if you see/hear anything...

The story has now been updated to say that her instruments have been returned to her by the police department.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    The story has now been updated to say that her instruments have been returned to her by the police department.

Excellent nooz.

She was very lucky. I am glad for her.

It's amazing how many well known instruments have been stolen - Bo Diddley's original "cigar box" Gretsch, the original Lucille, McCartney's original Hofner bass, the guitar Dylan used when he "went electric," Nesmith's custom 12-string blond Gretsch [[and his custom SG)

I googled to find out more about Ms. Hartwick because I never heard of her and found this. Interesting blog post about a song she played on.

http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com/201...ole-world.html