Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Thoughts on updated home for sale in Indian Village

I think they did a nice job. If I were to pick nits, I would have gone for less contemporary cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms...or maybe just more traditional pulls to match the butler pantry. hope they get every bit of their ask.

No matter how much I loved that house, I could never get past what appears to be a glossy top coat on the floors and cabinets

They left the woodwork in-tact, it looks like, on the whole, they did a really nice job! Like the above poster said, I might've opted for a more traditional-looking kitchen, otherwise it's a beautiful house!

I like everything but the stuffed animals.

Designed by William H. Van Tine for George M. Holley. The building permit was issued 11/17/16 and the house was completed in 1918. The house cost approximately $25,000 to build.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

William Van Tine did the final design for Henry Ford of his Fair Lane estate in Dearborn. And, IIRC, a small building directly behind the DIA on John R [[now demolished), perhaps a music school.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Designed by William H. Van Tine for George M. Holley. The building permit was issued 11/17/16 and the house was completed in 1918. The house cost approximately $25,000 to build.

That was one of the two Holley brothers of Holley Motor co. wasn't it? Famous Holley carburetors still live on...

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    $25,000.00 in 1918 had the same buying power as $425,271.90 in 2014.
    Annual inflation over this period was 3.00%.

I prefer the untouched time capsules mentioned.

When you see those kind of numbers early on in the car industry they must have had some serious profit margins.

Indian Village is loaded with fantastic housing but must say I have been very impressed with all the renovation going on in West Village. Living in Islandview Village the renovation is on the uptick too.

Now if we could all only get some streetlights.

It is a steal. In Birmingham asking price would be $1,575,000.00. That area will clean up just like Bell Isle. Make haste slowly!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    That was one of the two Holley brothers of Holley Motor co. wasn't it? Famous Holley carburetors still live on...
    Yes, indeed.

http://www.automotivehalloffame.org/...holley-sr/160/

Am I the only one that didn't like that so much of the wood trim was painted white?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't like that so much of the wood trim was painted white?
    painting wood trim is sacrilege

Seems like a more than fair price for an almost 6000 square foot house that is fully renovated. Similar houses in IV that have not been renovated can go for $300,000 or more. Anyplace else a house like that would be multi millions.