Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Graffiti cleaned off Park Ave and Eddystone hotels

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...l#incart_river

Sign of redevelopment possibility ??!! who knows.. hoping so at least

I will be tagged again. Just give it a couple days.

I don't consider painting over to be "wiped clean". It looks better, but I'm not going to start celebrating. It still looks like all the buildings in the area were given half-ass paint jobs. If the Park Ave and Eddystone buildings get sandblasted, then I'll get excited. They're just trying to make the area look less graffiti covered at this point.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    I don't consider painting over to be "wiped clean". It looks better, but I'm not going to start celebrating. It still looks like all the buildings in the area were given half-ass paint jobs. If the Park Ave and Eddystone buildings get sandblasted, then I'll get excited. They're just trying to make the area look less graffiti covered at this point.
    I don't know. It's progress that they invested the time and money to clean it up. Either way, things and times are a changing in that area. Is it looking up? Not sure. But clean up is better than letting it go to deteriorate even more.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    I don't know. It's progress that they invested the time and money to clean it up. Either way, things and times are a changing in that area. Is it looking up? Not sure. But clean up is better than letting it go to deteriorate even more.
    Yup... I agree.... if by some miracle the Ilitch's actually try to market these buildings to someone else to redevelop instead of trying to get them to come down... then this is a step in the right direction for making it look more marketable... at least one can see the potential without all the graffiti...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yup... I agree.... if by some miracle the Ilitch's actually try to market these buildings to someone else to redevelop instead of trying to get them to come down... then this is a step in the right direction for making it look more marketable... at least one can see the potential without all the graffiti...
    I am thinking if they do market to someone else, there will be some serious clauses as to what can be done with them,restricting the market.

Then coming back and saying," well we tried to sell them but had no interest" building a case for demolition.

I guess one really needs to look at the big picture hard and see how they can fit in,I wonder if someone would pay $1000 a night game time for a luxury suite so close.