Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    here's the correct link with picture -
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/t...chool/30370398

assistant police chief Doulunt is a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Right. Don't blame Detroiters for murdering your kids because they wanted to buy some pot, they deserved it.
    Can we stop using Detroit's denonym to refer to people who commit criminal acts? Detroiters did not shoot up this car. A person who lives in Detroit* murdered this girl, not Detroiters.

*Obviously we don't know for fact that the murderer lives in Detroit, but for argument's sake let's make this safe assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Can we stop using Detroit's denonym to refer to people who commit criminal acts? Detroiters did not shoot up this car. A person who lives in Detroit* murdered this girl, not Detroiters.

*Obviously we don't know for fact that the murderer lives in Detroit, but for argument's sake let's make this safe assumption.
    And I quote the assistant police chief: ""They're scared to tell their parents what they're doing" in Detroit, Assistant Police Chief Steve Dolunt said today." Dolunt said he hopes police get "a straight story" from the teens."The kids in Grosse Pointe -- they think it can't happen to them," he said. "People shouldn't blame the people in Detroit; your kids are buying drugs there."

His words not mine. But you are right, I don't like it when people say that to me.

I Agree MAcc, you can get weed anywhere, the kids were probally looking for harder stuff, hopefully
    the surving kids have learned there lesson, but probaly not

No matter who you are and where you are, if you mix it up with the wrong people, stuff like this can happen.

If a group of teens from grosse pointe wants to hang out with some friends from detroit they can, and as long as no one involved is associated with any bad stuff, getting murdered is extremely unlikely. They'd be more likely to die in a car accident.

It's possible that only a few in the group were actually involved in whatever happened, and that the rest weren't. It's like the stories on the news where a kid gets killed when their house gets shot up, and it's played up like it was random violence. And then it turns out that the family was sheltering cousin whoever who was hiding from the gangs because they wanted him dead. Even for home robberies, it's most likely to be someone from your neighborhood or an acquaintance of your kids or your relatives, and not random. And likewise for child sexual abuse, it's not likely to be the man in the white van giving out candy, it's the uncle or the family friend.

Whether you're in Detroit or Grosse Pointe or Norway, if you keep bad company you're more likely to have bad things happen to you. Bad things that no human deserves, but bad things that you nevertheless have some responsibility for.

Rex, I know it's the fashionable thing now to refuse to blame the victim. That's a good idea but in my experience many people deliberately put themselves in harm's way and when tragedy happens, sympathizers invoke that the victim shouldn't be blamed.
    I think if I choose to go to a REALLY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD to do something that I don't want my parents to know about [[having been warned) then I bear blame.
    Commander Dolunt told the truth about the dynamics- for this you call him a jerk? He's seen a lot. What do you know about the long experience he speaks from?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Commander Dolunt told the truth about the dynamics- for this you call him a jerk? He's seen a lot. What do you know about the long experience he speaks from?
    totally agree.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    You have to be real piece of shit if your "friend" was just murdered, and three of you have holes in you, and you lie to the cops about what happened. Buying only marijuana? Zero need to drive to Detroit for weed. Nor are petty weed dealers packing AK-47s. Stopped to park and smoke marijuana? Never in high school did we find the need to park to smoke weed. On our way to the movies? Not a theater anywhere near there. It sounds like some punk ass in the car tried to rob or rip off a drug dealer and got his card pulled, and/or they were buying some hard narcotics.

The dead private school young lady was hanging with the wrong crowd. If the kids in the car were GP South students, it's just further proof that the Pointes are turning to complete shit. Expect a lot of transfers out of there in January.
    It's been on the edge and going ghetto for awhile now. People with real money got out of the Pointes years ago. Now what is there is a generation of people who grew up in St Clair Shores or Eastpointe [[love that name) living there pretending to be something they are not. Crime, declining property values, out of control behavior in the HS - that's the reality of the Pointes today. And don't be impressed with ULS. That place now gives a lot of aid to their students so they can pay the tuition.

The dead private school young lady was hanging with the wrong crowd. If the kids in the car were GP South students, it's just further proof that the Pointes are turning to complete shit. Expect a lot of transfers out of there in January.
    The Pointes have and continue to graduate high numbers of students who go on to lead productive, successful lives. Some do drugs. Some don't. Some do a lot. I'm not sure what you're getting at, but the Pointes remain a beacon of prominence in this city, state and country. It's sad that the defunct culture of a broken Detroit provides alleyways of despair to those looking for solace, hope of just a plain old good time.

I don't care what these kids were buying, they didn't need to go in front of a firing squad. But here we are listening to clown-ish reasoning why what happened - happened. I do not expect a "lot of transfers" either. Silly notion with zero substance backing it.

MAcc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    It's been on the edge and going ghetto for awhile now. People with real money got out of the Birmingham years ago. Now what is there is a generation of people who grew up in Troy or Dearborn Heights [[love that name) living there pretending to be something they are not. Crime, declining property values, out of control behavior in the HS - that's the reality of Groves today. And don't be impressed with Country Day. That place now gives a lot of aid to their students so they can pay the tuition.
    Tongue in cheek edit to echo the west side. Honestly, the whole region is facing issues.
    Last edited by MAcc; December-23-14 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Rex, I know it's the fashionable thing now to refuse to blame the victim. That's a good idea but in my experience many people deliberately put themselves in harm's way and when tragedy happens, sympathizers invoke that the victim shouldn't be blamed.
    I think if I choose to go to a REALLY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD to do something that I don't want my parents to know about [[having been warned) then I bear blame.
    I can vouch for his character, too. He's really outstanding. Detroit is lucky to have him.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    The Pointes have and continue to graduate high numbers of students who go on to lead productive, successful lives. Some do drugs. Some don't. Some do a lot. I'm not sure what you're getting at, but the Pointes remain a beacon of prominence in this city, state and country. It's sad that the defunct culture of a broken Detroit provides alleyways of despair to those looking for solace, hope of just a plain old good time.

I don't care what these kids were buying, they didn't need to go in front of a firing squad. But here we are listening to clown-ish reasoning why what happened - happened. I do not expect a "lot of transfers" either. Silly notion with zero substance backing it.
    A beacon of prominence in the city, state and country? The Village can't even keep a hardware store open for business let alone any high end stores for the supposedly well heeled Pointers to shop. The Park is offering rent subsidies to try to keep the bottom from falling out of the place. There have been bank robberies, numerous home invasions [[some in broad daylight) and the Woods can't even have a July 4th fireworks display without a riot breaking out. How ridiculously elitist are you?

DetroitBoy Guest

Tongue in cheek edit to echo the west side. Honestly, the whole region is facing issues.
    I'd live in Bloomfield any day over the Pointes.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    A beacon of prominence in the city, state and country? The Village can't even keep a hardware store open for business let alone any high end stores for the supposedly well heeled Pointers to shop. The Park is offering rent subsidies to try to keep the bottom from falling out of the place. There have been bank robberies, numerous home invasions [[some in broad daylight) and the Woods can't even have a July 4th fireworks display without a riot breaking out. How ridiculously elitist are you?

Excellent point, coming from the worse commenter name ever.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Excellent point, coming from the worse commenter name ever.
    Knows more about the Pointes than people who actually live here.

This isn't an isolated event. Detroit is currently the most dangerous city in America. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...says/18793923/

And the rhetoric in this thread blaming the suburban victim[[s) isn't isolated either. It echoes how Detroit leaders have gotten elected for the last 50 years.
    it echoes the bigotry you've assimilated over the years; which helps plenty of suburban politicos get elected.

MAcc Guest

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/t...chool/30370398

Wondering how "no snitch" Demetrius, who lives in a Detroit proper home that is best described as squalor, with a dad best described as an apathetic crack user, comes in contact with a GP girl who goes to a school that costs $24,000 per year.
    Last edited by MAcc; December-23-14 at 06:02 PM.

Yeah how does a girl who goes to a private school in GP end up hanging around with ghetto trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Knows more about the Pointes than people who actually live here.

But I live in Grosse Pointe.

Detroit is full of deeply troubled people. Not just pushing or using dope or terminally unemployed perusing local message boards. There are many gainfully employed – even in positions of authority – that despise higher-born [[white) people. As much as I'd like to write off some of the more alarming posts in here as "trolling," Detroit politics, public schools, colleges and churches have been spewing Marxist and black nationalist rhetoric for 50 years, so I'm inclined to believe these threads tease out those feelings.
    Wow, just got back home for the holidays and thought I'd check the DYes boards. Reading this post, especially the bolded, makes me think "Welcome home, English! Same old stuff!"

Anyway, came in to learn more about this disturbing story beyond the news reports. My condolences to young Paige's family, hope the other teens recover well, and also hope the police get to the bottom of things, since they're still trying to get the story straight.

Grand to hear from you English!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Wow, just got back home for the holidays and thought I'd check the DYes boards.

Really, this whole state is a mess. I never thought in my life things would be this bad. We have the most dangerous cities in the country. The roads are a mess. It's all violence, all the time. Me and the misses are fed up and we're moving next October. I mean, when even the toniest cities in the region are living surrounded by blight, violence, and fear, where is the quality of life? Are we really supposed to raise our family here, where even if we live in a nice neighborhood and send our kids to a good school they get blown away? I really don't believe a 16 year old was scoring heroin. Hell, I drank and smoked weed when I was younger. Nobody deserves to die from it. I can't believe I was raised in this state. Things were so different then. It's almost unrecognizable now.

FUCK MICHIGAN.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    But I live in Grosse Pointe.
    Was referring to poster you quoted. Always has something to say about Grosse Pointe. Probably got a traffic ticket [[or his parents did) and had to move out for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    FUCK MICHIGAN.
    Supposedly this is the chosen replacement for the Pure Michigan campaign.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast