Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Where is the 7th precinct police station at now? The old one at Mack and Gratiot has been closed for nearly 10 years now...
    Currently they jokingly call it the 7/11 precinct. They are housed over on Nevada near Ryan but supposed to move near Eastern Market. that was supposed to have happened last March. Sigh. Mostof the community police meetings take place at a church on the edge of the market, Sacred Heart.

My neighbors are so vocal I got three calls telling me the mail was being delivered via a rental U haul truck. I really wish more city neighborhoods have what we have.

Don't usually drive Mack but the old station is so trashed now the city should ashamed. Used to be community would plant flowers, the planters etc.; Kind of wonder what happened to the plaques on the lawn that commerated officers killed in the line of duty.

On a somewhat lighter note more cars got stolen out of their parking lot yrly than any one street near me. So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Are you referring to CrimeMapping.com?

I'm thinking it might be a good public service if we were to share these resources more widely.
    I check that site on a weekly basis. It is very good for identifying overall crime patterns as
    well as enforcement patterns. It doesn't give detailed information on individual crimes
    [[indeed there are errors). There are other sites and I am not an expert in them at all.

Whoo doggie!

The ante has been raised. It's gotten serious now...

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/ann...oting/30439270

MAcc Guest

Unrelated arrest turns up information in slain Grosse Pointe teen's case

Police investigate relative of teen injured in shooting

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/u...-case/30584162

Random, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    Unrelated arrest turns up information in slain Grosse Pointe teen's case

Police investigate relative of teen injured in shooting

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/u...-case/30584162

Random, huh.
    whole lotta nothin' in that story.

I agree, nothin' in that story... YET. Time will tell... I posted early on that I doubt highly that the kids were the "innocents" that the media, and some here, made them out to be [[I'm excluding the family for obvious reasons)... or that they just parked there to "smoke a little weed".

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    I agree, nothin' in that story... YET. Time will tell... I posted early on that I doubt highly that the kids were the "innocents" that the media, and some here, made them out to be [[I'm excluding the family for obvious reasons)... or that they just parked there to "smoke a little weed".
    I hear your vague undertone, but I have to ask...... just what is they could have done to warrant being shot up indiscriminately by some guy with an AK?

Please, I would like to know your level of justification that takes them out of "innocent" status and into culpable status.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I hear your vague undertone, but I have to ask...... just what is they could have done to warrant being shot up indiscriminately by some guy with an AK?

Please, I would like to know your level of justification that takes them out of "innocent" status and into culpable status.
    "innocent" to my mind is lessened [[I didn't say gone) by parking around the corner in a shady neighborhood when there is no legit reason to be there. Period.

"warrant being shot up"? Does this mean "deserved it"? I've never said that either, only that they played a role in it by their own choices. Period.

If I'm into a dangerous lifestyle, as in buying/using anything more than "a little weed"... or just choose to be hangin' out with those that are... Am I not at least partially responsible if something bad happens to me?

I'm not going to debate or defend... Others are entitled to their view, as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    "innocent" to my mind is lessened [[I didn't say gone) by parking around the corner in a shady neighborhood when there is no legit reason to be there. Period.

"warrant being shot up"? Does this mean "deserved it"? I've never said that either, only that they played a role in it by their own choices. Period.

If I'm into a dangerous lifestyle, as in buying/using anything more than "a little weed"... or just choose to be hangin' out with those that are... Am I not at least partially responsible if something bad happens to me?

I'm not going to debate or defend... Others are entitled to their view, as I am.
    just like those women dressing all slutty.... they are just asking for it.... they are at least partially to blame for anything that happens or might get slipped into their drink....

right???

This thread has gone beyond pointless, and become downright sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    just like those women dressing all slutty.... they are just asking for it.... they are at least partially to blame for anything that happens or might get slipped into their drink....

right???
    Having fun trying to put words in my mouth
    Again... never said that. But by all means misinterpret my posts... it'll liven up the board for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Well a car load of teenagers were doing SOMETHING riding around on a street with few houses and ones that look like crack houses. Then out of the blue, their car is shot by 30 casings of bullets by a guy wearing a bullet proof vest. They kids admitting to smoking pot when they were riding around.

What else would have brought those brats to that neighborhood at that hour?
    Why do you call them "Brats"? Because they are from the Points? If they were from
    Southfield, they wouldn't be "Brats"? So if any kids are riding around smoking pot, they deserve what they got? If you follow this thought process there would be a whole lot less teens driving around doing "SOMETHING".
    Makes sense to me.....

They must have been doing "something" because their story makes no sense whatsoever. Kids don't need to go to the urban prairie to smoke pot. If someone's basement, bedroom, or garage isn't available they can go to parks or parking lots in Grosse Pointe or in the suburbs. Likewise, if a kid wants to buy weed, they don't go into the hood for that, they just ask around a little at lunch, it would take like two minutes to find someone to buy some off of. Weed is easier to get than cigarettes.

My guess is that one of them was a drug dealer. Drug use among different demographics is similar except that rich kids can afford more expensive drugs. Someone has to buy those drugs in order to sell them to other students. The shooting was done by someone with the equipment, the knowledge of where the kids would be, and a reason for going to such lengths [[gangs kill people all the time without bothering with body armor). If they were buying rich kid drugs to sell, there would be a lot of money involved. Maybe that upset territories, maybe the kids didn't seem trustworthy enough to do business with, or maybe they really were robbed, but for drug money and not pocket cash.

That's my speculation. At the very least I know that body armor wearing gunman don't wander around the urban prairie waiting for teenaged grosse pointers to shoot up. And I don't think that them smoking weed had anything to do with what happened.

DetroitBoy Guest

I agree. What you said are more likely scenarios. This shooter sounds like some type of enforcer and he wouldnt be bothered with a bunch of kids smoking a joint unless there was a lot more money involved. The story doesnt make sense.

You'd have to think that there were words involved before shit got real.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    You'd have to think that there were words involved before shit got real.
    Do you think the shooter wore a bullet proof vest? Their stories are so confusing right now, it makes me question that this could have been an added element too. Not to mention do you think that in the fast chain of events that one could actually identify that the shooter was wearing a bullet proof vest?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    I agree. What you said are more likely scenarios. This shooter sounds like some type of enforcer and he wouldnt be bothered with a bunch of kids smoking a joint unless there was a lot more money involved. The story doesnt make sense.
    Why? Is the fact that there are sick stupid fuck heads with no regard for human life loose in America over your head? News flash we have prisons that are full of them in this country. There is no "enforcer" morality or code that you and others seem to think exists in cold blooded killers. They truly are just sick stupid fuck heads who are incapable of thinking about anything but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Why? Is the fact that there are sick stupid fuck heads with no regard for human life loose in America over your head? News flash we have prisons that are full of them in this country. There is no "enforcer" morality or code that you and others seem to think exists in cold blooded killers. They truly are just sick stupid fuck heads who are incapable of thinking about anything but themselves.
    This is true... but even "sick stupid fuck heads with no regard for human life" rarely spray a car with four people in with 30 rounds from a "AK-47" type weapon as a "random" act, or even as a robbery. One or two victims at a time, for a BS "reason" that only makes sense to the shooter, a dozen rounds or so and usually a handgun, happens all too often.
    You can bet "the tips are coming in" for a chance at a $100,000 reward... so let's see where the investigation ends up, not what it was assumed to be a few days after the shooting.

I seem to recall the most recent article saying -
    "Local 4 was the first to report this week that police are moving away from robbery as a motive and now we have more insight into the investigation. On the record, police aren’t committing to anything. “There’s other avenues, the tips are coming in. There’s different avenues and we’re investigating them all,” said Capt. Erik Decker.

Behind the scenes, sources told Local 4 there are two divergent theories on what went down that night and why. Both theories are being explored right now. However, the station will not going into detail because it could impact the investigation.

We can tell you that an arrest that is unrelated to Stalker’s murder has turned up information on the case. Police are also taking a closer look at a relative of one of the teens who was in the car that night.

A very generous $100,000 dollar reward is being offered for the tip that leads to the arrest and conviction of the gunman.

As far as having any personal responsibility for a bad outcome, any place where we still can muse that a "victim" had any predictive role in the outcome, is it only texting or drinking when driving? Are those still things that parents can warn against without inferring [[ God help them ) that the victim is to blame?what has happened to
    personally responsible behavior mores?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9