Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default GP Teens ambushed, one dies in hail of gunfire at GP/Detroit border

"One person is dead and three others wounded after a gunman opened fire on a car full of teenagers Monday night.

According to the Detroit Police Department, the incident occurred at about 9 p.m. in the area of Charlevoix and Philip on the city’s east side.

One girl, about 16 years old, was killed, while three other teens, ages 15 to 17, were wounded. A fifth teen passenger was unharmed and drove the car to the Grosse Pointe campus of Beaumont Hospital on Cadieux Road.

According to police, four of the five victims lived in Grosse Pointe while the fifth lived in Detroit
    “At approximately 9:10 p.m., we received a call about four teenagers being shot in the area of Charlevoix and Philip,” said Deputy Chief Renee Hall in an interview to Fox 2 News.

“We found approximately 30 shell casings in that area... which is very desolate. The victims reported they were in that area attempting to find the brother of one of the victims.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...shot/20798351/

FWIW, I believe almost none of their story...but I would bet opposition to closing kercheval goes away as this attempted massacre is mere blocks from that intersection.
    Last edited by bailey; December-23-14 at 08:25 AM.

Innocence lost...

Name:  detroit enter at your own risk[5].jpg
Views: 4165
Size:  31.7 KB

MAcc Guest

First the burglaries, then the race hustlers blowing up a road block and Gilbert's graffiti, and now this. I predict a record number of homes for sale in GP this spring as people flee for Oakland Twp and out of state. And for good reason. Try as I may to remain optimistic, at the end of the day Detroit makes this region hopeless.
    Last edited by MAcc; December-23-14 at 01:20 PM.

How many times have we heard of this story playing out? Kids go to Detroit to buy drugs, end up being murdered and found in a field/burned out house/burned car/etc. There was no randomness to Rambo getting out of a car and trying to execute a bunch of teens. There's a lot more to this story that will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    How many times have we heard of this story playing out? Kids go to Detroit to buy drugs, end up being murdered and found in a field/burned out house/burned car/etc. There was no randomness to Rambo getting out of a car and trying to execute a bunch of teens. There's a lot more to this story that will come out.
    Yes, it is hard to jump to conclusions as the facts do remain suppressed. However, there is nothing supporting your assertion they were there to buy drugs either. Drugs are quite available these days, and sourcing them from the hood is not always necessary anymore. It used to be though.

30 casings lead me to believe there were more than one shooters.

most of you seem to think you know something but dont know shit
    opinions and assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    FWIW, I believe almost none of their story...but I would bet opposition to closing kercheval goes away as this attempted massacre is mere blocks from that intersection.
    That won't stop kids from the Pointes from going into Detroit to buy drugs.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    most of you seem to think you know something but dont know shit
    opinions and assumptions.
    Well a car load of teenagers were doing SOMETHING riding around on a street with few houses and ones that look like crack houses. Then out of the blue, their car is shot by 30 casings of bullets by a guy wearing a bullet proof vest. They kids admitting to smoking pot when they were riding around.

What else would have brought those brats to that neighborhood at that hour?

Hopefully her death will be a warning sign to other suburban drug dealers to keep their illicit activity in their own back yard and stop coming to Detroit to commit crimes. First Bashara, then this group of thugs. Keep it on the GP side of Alter.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Hopefully her death will be a warning sign to other suburban drug dealers to keep their illicit activity in their own back yard and stop coming to Detroit to commit crimes. First Bashara, then this group of thugs. Keep it on the GP side of Alter.
    Nominated as the Worst Post of 2014.

Not sure where suburban drug dealers belong in this story. Bashara and this incident are not even remotely connected either. And imply that kids seeking drugs [[supposedly) is something that Detroit wants to keep out, but deranged beserker gunman shooting up cars of children is ok - well I'm a little at loss for words. But GP puts up a shed and it's all hands on deck to decry the travesty of keeping Detroit out of GPP.

Cake and eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Well a car load of teenagers were doing SOMETHING riding around on a street with few houses and ones that look like crack houses. Then out of the blue, their car is shot by 30 casings of bullets by a guy wearing a bullet proof vest. They kids admitting to smoking pot when they were riding around.

What else would have brought those brats to that neighborhood at that hour?

Maybe thats exactly what they were doing. Smoking pot. Didn't want to drive around GP smoking and get pulled over by the police, get their car impounded and get arrested and put on probation. Figured they were better off in Detroit where in the unlikely even the police did pull them over chances are good they would lose their bag and get turned loose.

Im sorry for the loss, but was not the girls that got caught spray painting a Dan Gilbert building from the Pointes too

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Nominated as the Worst Post of 2014.

Not sure where suburban drug dealers belong in this story. Bashara and this incident are not even remotely connected either. And imply that kids seeking drugs [[supposedly) is something that Detroit wants to keep out, but deranged beserker gunman shooting up cars of children is ok - well I'm a little at loss for words. But GP puts up a shed and it's all hands on deck to decry the travesty of keeping Detroit out of GPP.

Cake and eat it?
    Why not bring in everything. The whole motif of this thread is 'I know what you're thinking, and its bad'.

This is a piece of shit thread too. Bailey is fast becoming my least fav dyes 'r. Was better off left unmade. All that could possibly happen is a bunch of people would post a bunch of bullshit conjecture with little substance

Did you read the article?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...side/20798333/

"But police this morning said they don't believe the attack was random."

This was not some doting tourist caught in the wrong/place time. These were thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    This is a piece of shit thread too. Bailey is fast becoming my least fav dyes 'r. Was better off left unmade. All that could possibly happen is a bunch of people would post a bunch of bullshit conjecture with little substance
    lighten up Francis, if it wasn't for bullshit conjecture there would be about 20 threads on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Did you read the article?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...side/20798333/

"But police this morning said they don't believe the attack was random."

This was not some doting tourist caught in the wrong/place time. These were thugs.
    That was not in the original article, nor on the news this morning, nor on the various outlets that reported it earlier today.... however, as I said in the first post, the story wasn't exactly believable.

[[although interesting to note that victim blaming was almost immediate)
    Last edited by bailey; December-23-14 at 11:14 AM.

They could've crossed the border and pulled over just to smoke a joint. You know, a quiet out of site spot with no repercussions. That's a lot of casings, though. @ least 2 magazines. You think the driver would've hit the gas as soon as the first shot was fired.

Pertinent from Freep link, above--

"As of right now, we do believe it was not random," Madera said. "All their statements don't seem to be meshing."
    Detroit Police Chief James Craig also said the attack "does not appear to be random."
    "There are some other dimensions of this that we know about that I can't go into at this point," he said.

Only in Detroit is murder justifiable if you're trying to buy drugs. You people should be ashamed of your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    That was not in the original article, nor on the news this morning, nor on the various outlets that reported it earlier today.... however, as I said in the first post, the story wasn't exactly believable.
    Isn't it funny how news reports can expose society's biases?

Completely unrelated, but not... Remember when that 12 year old black kid in Cleveland was gun downed by that trigger happy cop? The initial media reports would have had you under the impression that this big bad 12 year old was non-compliant and had it coming. But then the video came out...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They could've crossed the border and pulled over just to smoke a joint. You know, a quiet out of site spot with no repercussions. That's a lot of casings, though. @ least 2 magazines. You think the driver would've hit the gas as soon as the first shot was fired.
    They also could've just landed there on a purple spaceship coming from Mars. Not likely, but it could've been what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    They also could've just landed there on a purple spaceship coming from Mars. Not likely, but it could've been what happened.
    Really? You think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Really? You think so?
    I'm just saying what could've happened.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast