Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What businesses should Downtown have or would fill a void.

After noticing how many of the storefronts were empty along the Woodward corridor earlier this week and the soon coming John Varvatos store, I wondered what stores would be ideal to fill up the CBD and generate a solid shopping experience? No knock to Varvatos or Moosejaw, just seems like they wouldn't be enough to make me drive down on a lazy weekend.

I'm still campaigning for a flagship, multi-story Dillards...

City Target?

Both are nice suggestions..definitely in my shopping comfort zone. A place with $250 t-shirts is outta my league.

I would love to see a bookstore go in. As much as I love John King, it would be nice to have a place like Schuler Books where you can go to find newer titles and gifts for people and have community events like readings.

Restoration Hardware is also opening a downtown store on Woodward.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/mobile/...wntown-detroit

Expect more retail to come as the M1 Rail and Woodward reconstruction projects get closer to completion.

DSW Shoes, Nordstrom Rack, World Market, Sharper Image. Hallmark.

A comic book & video games store

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    A comic book & video games store

I would call it "HypeStyles" comix and gamez.

H&M, Express, Footlocker, City Target on Hudson site, Payless Shoes, Victoria Secrets, Old Navy, McDonald's, Buddy's Pizza, P.F Chang, Cartier, Apple store, with a few more small retailers and restaurants.

Oh and a Emagine Theater Downtown!

Disney store.

MAcc Guest

30 or so police officers walking a dtown to New Center Woodward/Cass/John R beat all day, every day.

City target is my number one. I don't care for clothing stores below restaurants. Food smells and smoke might creep into the clothes. I'd prefer more restaurants to fill the lower Woodward storefronts with residential above. A cleaners, a dentist office, and an interior design studio would be cool.

I'm really digging the ideas of what could/ would work Downtown. Being a typical middle income guy, I would have no problem shopping in the majority of the suggestions here. I'm probably gonna stay android but an Apple store would bring some sizzle down there.

A Microcenter would do downtown and a Cheesecake Factory in Greektown or in the remaining empty space in the Z lot on Broadway or Library