Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default "Community Activist" Robert Davis sentenced to 18 months

I see the letter from Feiger helped get his sentence knocked down to 18 months.
    Last edited by GPCharles; December-18-14 at 04:44 PM.

What did he do?

Thank You Very Much

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    What did he do?
    "self-styled anti-corruption crusader, was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison Thursday for corruption". The judge was the ultra-liberal Tarnow, a Clinton appointee, I believe.

Only 18 months?

And worth noting, to keep your scorecards up to date: "Several people penned letters in support of Davis, including high-profile lawyer Geoffrey Fieger, Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett and State Rep. Philip Cavanagh."

Now Fieger we understand. There but for the grace of god, no doubt. But Garrett and Cavanagh? They are supporting corruption? There must be some good stories here. Anyone got the dirt?

Now he'll be gellin' like a felon [[as the old commercial used to say).

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    But Garrett and Cavanagh? They are supporting corruption? There must be some good stories here. Anyone got the dirt?

Davis is[[was?) a member of the local AFSCME union, which might explain the connection there.
    Last edited by 248lurker; December-18-14 at 07:59 PM.

Jerry Cavanagh spent a good amount of time during the 1960's pandering. I guess his sons want to uphold the tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by 248lurker View Post
    Davis is[[was?) a member of the local AFSCME union, which might explain the connection there.
    I hope that wouldn't be the only reason. Unions spend too much time protecting bad and lazy people.

Robert Davis is a corrupt, convicted hypocritical obstructionist.

He needs to fade into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    "self-styled anti-corruption crusader, was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison Thursday for corruption". The judge was the ultra-liberal Tarnow, a Clinton appointee, I believe.

Only 18 months?

And worth noting, to keep your scorecards up to date: "Several people penned letters in support of Davis, including high-profile lawyer Geoffrey Fieger, Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett and State Rep. Philip Cavanagh."

Now Fieger we understand. There but for the grace of god, no doubt. But Garrett and Cavanagh? They are supporting corruption? There must be some good stories here. Anyone got the dirt?
    Don't know about Cavanagh, but Garret's letter was all about how it was the system keeping a black guy down. he's just a hustler, don't hate the player, hate the game.
    According to court documents, Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett wrote a letter on Davis' behalf which suggests he is being picked on because of his race. Garrett is one of seven character witnesses who supplied letters on Davis' behalf. All were interviewed by investigators from the U.S. Attorney's Office who are prosecuting the case.
    According to prosecution documents, "Garrett described Davis' legal problems as an example of 'What a black man in Detroit is up against.'"

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Don't know about Cavanagh, but Garret's letter was all about how it was the system keeping a black guy down. he's just a hustler, don't hate the player, hate the game.
    You can't really take on the system without good clothes.

Det News: Davis used two companies to funnel school district cash into a bank account he controlled in the name of a purported charity called Citizens United to Save Highland Park Schools.

"Perhaps it should have been [[called): Robert Davis Fund to Loot Highland Park Schools," prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memorandum.

While Davis stole the money, Highland Park enrollment plummeted and the district's deficit ballooned, eventually climbing to $7.6 million.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    This drive me nuts. Is she saying he didn't do it? That the entire thing is a fabrication? All the evidence is fabricated?

Otherwise, Garrett needs to STFU. I would never vote for her ever again due to her race-card defense of someone that steals from our school districts.

I'm sick of all the idiotic stunts that go on here in this region. The conserva-culture is bad enough, and then folks like Davis, Kilpatrick, et al., do their dirt in part based on the premise of "this is how white folks get away with it.." Nobody ever stops to think about how the money being manipulated/stolen is meant to be used on behalf of the majority African American constituency that they allegedly consider themselves advocating on behalf of. I just hope that when the City Council vacancy interviews take place, a person is chosen thatonly has doing good on behalf of the residents of the City of Detroit on their agenda. No stunt press conferences, no strange new nonprofit charities, no ostentatious bluster at meetings. I want real integrity and real accountability.
    Last edited by Hypestyles; December-19-14 at 03:31 PM.

A guy steals $200,000 from the poor children in a failing school system and gets all these letters of support? And only 18 months in jail? There are guys in jail for a lot longer than that for fairly minor drug offenses. What a crock.

Yeah, I am not feeling the light sentence and letters of what not. He is a full-out CORRUPT 'HYPOCRITE' in the truest sense of the word! When he would have stopped had the corruption not been revealed??

Eh, how much convera-culture is going on in the D per se?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I'm sick of all the idiotic stunts that go on here in this region. The conserva-culture is bad enough...

All the while he was judging others for taking from the children. Yeah, uh - right!

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    While Davis stole the money, Highland Park enrollment plummeted and the district's deficit ballooned, eventually climbing to $7.6 million.

Umm, eh - I did not quite get that? Could you please clarify your opinion......?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Robert Davis is a corrupt, convicted hypocritical obstructionist.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-19-14 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Eh, how much convera-culture is going on in the D per se?
    I was speaking of state-wide and local arch-conservatives like Mr. Patterson, but in terms of internal to Detroit you can see it with certain religious leaders [[and any Detroit-based state legislators) who co-sign on anti-LGBT legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Det News: Davis used two companies to funnel school district cash into a bank account ... in the name of ... Citizens United to Save Highland Park Schools. "Perhaps it should have been [[called): Robert Davis Fund to Loot Highland Park Schools," prosecutors wrote ...
    What's in a name?

Citizens United to Save Highland Park Schools = CUSHI PASS