Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Jeb Bush Possible 2016 Presidental Contender

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...16-run-n269226

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush announced Tuesday that he will "actively explore" the possibility of a presidential run in 2016.
    Bush, the brother of former President George W. Bush and the son of President George H.W. Bush, announced in a Facebook post that he decided to take the step after spending Thanksgiving with his family.

I'm sorry I meant to post this in non-Detroit. Have no clue how to move or delete.

Help :-)

Republicans = expensive wars

I'll pass.

The bushies-been there, done that, had enough. What are they trying to start some dynasty like the Roosevelts or Kennedys?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Republicans = expensive wars

I'll pass.
    ...and the Democrats=continuing those expensive wars....and starting a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    The bushies-been there, done that, had enough. What are they trying to start some dynasty like the Roosevelts or Kennedys?
    ...or the Clintons?
    Last edited by bailey; December-17-14 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    ...and the Democrats=continuing those expensive wars....and starting a few others.

...or the Clintons?
    Wow...

FDR and Teddy Roosevelt only shared a last name. They weren't family. Think someone mentioned the Roosevelt families above.

For those who talk about Bushes and Clintons, I'd like to remind them that we've had TWO Bushes already [[maybe a third running???).

I see no problem with two Clintons, because if two of the same family is an issue why did we elect George W. Bush?

So some would have no problem voting for THREE Bushes but have problems with TWO Clintons??????

The simple math of that confuses me. Two is 'too many' but three isn't 'too many'?

I'd think a better question is: We elected two Bushes, is it okay to elect two Clintons? How do we feel about the two Bushes and one Clinton? If you liked the two Bushes, vote for a third. If you liked a [[President) Clinton, vote for another.
    Last edited by emu steve; December-17-14 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Wow...

FDR and Teddy Roosevelt only shared a last name. They weren't family. Think someone mentioned the Roosevelt families above.
    They were relatives...

Wow...

For those who talk about Bushes and Clintons, I'd like to remind them that we've had TWO Bushes already [[maybe a third running???).

I see no problem with two Clintons, because if two of the same family is an issue why did we elect George W. Bush?

So some would have no problem voting for THREE Bushes but have problems with TWO Clintons??????

The simple math of that confuses me. Two is 'too many' but three isn't 'too many'?

I'd think a better question is: We elected two Bushes, is it okay to elect two Clintons? How do we feel about the two Bushes and one Clinton? If you liked the two Bushes, vote for a third. If you liked a [[President) Clinton, vote for another.
    The point here is summed up in snark by Frum...
    David Frum @davidfrum · Dec 16

In this magnificent land of opportunity, anyone can aspire to the presidency, provided only that an immediate relative had the job already.
    0 replies191 retweets104 favorites Reply
    Retweet191
    Favorite104
    More

In fairness, Jeb Bush is probably the best administrator and manager of the three Bushes.

John Adams, John Quincy Adams
    William Henry Harrison, Benjamin Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    In fairness, Jeb Bush is probably the best administrator and manager of the three Bushes.

John Adams, John Quincy Adams
    William Henry Harrison, Benjamin Harrison
    For as much as center-left I am, I completely agree. Had he entered politics earlier, he should have been in the 2000 race.

I agree. The real reason he probably won't be president is because his older brother is an idiot.

well, before this gets moved.. I don't support him. I suspect Gov. Snyder will be pitched as an early endorser and possible running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I agree. The real reason he probably won't be president is because his older brother is an idiot.
    an idiot the american people elected twice.

We get the government we deserve. which is why we have the same "names" running in elections from dog catcher to president. We are, by and large, a stupid and lazy population who will always blame "the other guy" for the problems we repeatedly find ourselves in.

There's always Clinton 'again' ala Hillary...... oh boy, what great and grand choices. Not!

No More Bushes, please! This nation is tired of more Bushes in the White House.

an idiot the american people elected twice.

We get the government we deserve. which is why we have the same "names" running in elections from dog catcher to president. We are, by and large, a stupid and lazy population who will always blame "the other guy" for the problems we repeatedly find ourselves in.
    Well, actually... he was only elected once.

They were cousins.

...or the Clintons?
    Sorry I forgot them. I don't think about her as being president or even presidential even though I remember some speeches she gave during the 1992 campaign where she would introduce him and sound as if she was the candidate herself. Clearly, she's had her eye on this for over 20 yrs, just waiting until the time was right for her.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Well, actually... he was only elected once.
    ...which came after the controversial election. Which only makes the point that americans, by and large, are big dumb idiots. The guy who "stole" the election the first time, got re-elected....and his brother is legitimately in the ring for 2016.

Gee...I hope not. Two Bushes were enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    They were cousins.
    Further, Eleanor Roosevelt [[her maiden name, as well as married) was a neice of Teddy's.

Well let's all not forget the 2000 FL election fiasco.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct29.html

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Well let's all not forget the 2000 FL election fiasco.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct29.html
    If Slick Willie had resigned in disgrace in 1998, Al Gore would have become president. He would have been elected in a landslide in 2000 because he "healed the nation" after Clinton's disgrace. If there were less than two years left in Clinton's term when he resigned, Gore would have been eligible to run again in 2004. The US would have had ten years of "President Gore".

If Slick Willie had resigned in disgrace in 1998, Al Gore would have become president. He would have been elected in a landslide in 2000 because he "healed the nation" after Clinton's disgrace. If there were less than two years left in Clinton's term when he resigned, Gore would have been eligible to run again in 2004. The US would have had ten years of "President Gore".
    And if Al Gore would have carried his own home state he'd have won in 2000....so no need take a trip into Newt's alternate universe where a POTUS resigns over some blowjobs from a chubby intern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast