Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Cobo Jumbotron nears Completion - It's going to be Huge and Flashy

[click image^ for full screen view]

Seen from the Detroit People Mover the framework for the giant digital billboard at Cobo Center is in place. It promises to be a stunning display bridging the entire Jefferson underpass. Does anyone know if it will be up and running for the auto show next month?

Here it is in the rendering.

so that's what that thing is supposed to end up being. Okay. After all the "renovations are finished, check us out!" talk, I was wondering what this latest orange-barrel scenario was.

It'd be pretty cool if they capped off the freeway where it goes under COBO and turned that into a public gathering place. Viewing the World Cup or Wings playoff games on that thing would be pretty cool.

I may be wrong but I believe that it will NOT be completed. The corner board will be but not the large one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

[click image^ for full screen view]

Seen from the Detroit People Mover the framework for the giant digital billboard at Cobo Center is in place. It promises to be a stunning display bridging the entire Jefferson underpass. Does anyone know if it will be up and running for the auto show next month?

Here it is in the rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by buckster1986 View Post
    I may be wrong but I believe that it will NOT be completed. The corner board will be but not the large one.
    The corner board [[Washington/Congress) is already done. They've been running some videos on there the last couple weeks.

It would be nice if they had done something to brighten the façade of the building. We've been living with a dull, grey Cobo for a long time.

Yea they said the skeleton would be up for the 2015 auto show. The actual screen [[which will definitely brighten up the facade 401) will be done i believe in may or june 2015

and as previously said the corner boards will be up and running for it

It'll be nice until someone graffitis it.