Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Centipide [Tigers Trade Rick Porcello for Yoenis Cespedes]

This trade is starting to grow on me. I still have to sleep on it overnight. I'm not geeked like I was when they got Prince Fielder, but I think I like this deal. Can't wait for April!

I'm gonna miss Rick Porcello though. He's still a young guy with a mountain of potential but even without Max Scherzer on this team we were still spoiled rotten with a glut of solid starting pitchers.

Since it was known they were getting rid of Porcello, I like this trade. He is like a young Torii Hunter. It is a little scary because Porcello turned a corner last year and became a truly pitching pitcher.

While I'm excited about getting Cespedes, it's tempered with dislike about losing Porcello. I think he is just about to ready to really blossom as a starting pitcher. The Tigers invested a lot of years in him only to have, seemingly, Boston benefit from it.

It was a trade that had to be made. Dombrowski had no intention of paying 100 million plus for a sinkerball pitcher next year. At most you can afford two big money aces and either Scherzer or Price should be the 2nd guy. I'm hoping we only have Cespedes for one year because Moya has a terrific season and is ready to take over in 2016. It's been forever since the Tigers have developed their own above average everyday player. While the middle of the order is solid, the lineup again is starting to resemble those previous teams with no guys to get on base and too many strikeouts.

Too many strikeouts......that is why Avila should be traded before he is a free agent & walks away next year for nothing.