Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Reconstructing the SMART System

Well, you may know how inefficient the SMART bus system is, so I had the idea to do this map. Basically, I modified some existing routes, relaunched a few discontinued ones and added a few new ones. Also, I made sure all buses operate every thirty minutes at the maximum during weekday daylight hours. And finally, I opted several communities back into SMART and finally added a missing connection to Lake Erie Transit.

And so, here's my dream SMART system map:
    http://app.transitmix.net/map/45744

Hate interactive maps to bits? Here's a full overview of the system.
    Last edited by mtburb; December-05-14 at 03:40 PM.

Now all you need is actual ridership demand and, oh yeah, money.

Cool map, though. Looks better than the current system.

Much of Wayne County [[outside of Detroit) seems under-covered while western Macomb-eastern Oakland seems over-covered. Would it make sense to balance routes out a little more within these areas?