Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Happy Thanksgiving Day

I want to send out a special Happy Thanksgiving Day shoutout to most of the DetroitYes family.

I hope everyone will have a marvelous day and NO family quarrels. LOL.

Crumbled will be spending this T-Bird Day with extended family and he expects to stuff his face with more food than he ever thought possible.

If you don't mind, please check in with the D-Yes family and let us know where you'll be spending T-Bird Day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Family & friends mean so much. Pretty soon I need to start cooking. Do admit that with each passing year the effort seems harder. However this is a day to reflect on Blessings. I have much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...I'm headed for Las Vegas this morning to see Stevie Wonder in concert on Saturday at MGM Grand. Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...I'm headed for Las Vegas this morning to see Stevie Wonder in concert on Saturday at MGM Grand. Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!!!!
    okay now I am envious I would love to see Stevie Wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    okay now I am envious I would love to see Stevie Wonder.
    Stevie would LOVE to see you too! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving all! I wish everyone safe travels!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. May your day and your holiday season be blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all from your friends across the border to the south eh! Sadly, we've adopted only the worst part of the holiday - the Black Friday madness!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all from your friends across the border to the south eh! Sadly, we've adopted only the worst part of the holiday - the Black Friday madness!
    Black Friday madness started a few weeks back with big retailers advertising. I doubt they even remember why it is called black friday anymore. The nice thing is that in my family/friends group it is understood kindnesses and gifts are throughout the year not on specified dates. Doesn't do much for the their end of year bottom line but oh well! No frenzy here for Christmas shopping.

Just a reminder, Saturday, is remember small business day. My husband needs new winter gloves and there is a sweet little haberdashery in Hamtramck. I hate malls so I do patronize little independent businesses.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm one of the lucky ones: No cooking, bringing cakes purchased at a local bakery for dessert to the family dinner.
    Kathleen and Grillmaster, what a pleasant surprise to see you, last night!
    Peace.

Day started off fine. Got off work before the 9:30am kickoff [[here in the Pacific Northwest) and watched the Lions win. Now, if the Seahawks would be kind enough to knock off The 49'ers, it will be an excellent day.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and enjoyed the parade, Lions victory, & good food with family and/or friends. Just so you know, I bought my pre-cooked meal yesterday from the catering services at the Capuchin Soup Kitchen. Yes, they do have catering services. Yes, the funds go to the soup kitchen. Yes, the meal was OUTSTANDING. I will definitely go there again. My only regret is not ordering a second portion of mashed potatoes. You all should check them out for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and enjoyed the parade, Lions victory, & good food with family and/or friends. Just so you know, I bought my pre-cooked meal yesterday from the catering services at the Capuchin Soup Kitchen. Yes, they do have catering services. Yes, the funds go to the soup kitchen. Yes, the meal was OUTSTANDING. I will definitely go there again. My only regret is not ordering a second portion of mashed potatoes. You all should check them out for Christmas.

what a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    That is awesome, I did not know, we do patronize Arise Bakery another Caputian endeavor.

Crumbled pavement
    A shout out to MOST of the Detroit Yes family?
    Anyway I had a Turkey tenderlion in front of an electric fireplace, that beats the hell out of the Thanksgiving mid-rats in the Navy.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day. I want to thank all those who have served and are serving in our military. Thanks to those who volunteer and give donations in our community. Thanks to those who adopt animals. And of course, thanks to our Lions for winning and making dinner after the game more enjoyable. Thanks to the late Booker Noe for making Bookers bourbon, which I enjoy in moderation after every holiday meal.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    That is awesome, I did not know, we do patronize Arise Bakery another Caputian endeavor.
    It's called On the Rise Bakery.