Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Free NFL Football Monday at Ford Field

This is the 2nd time in the last few yrs. the misfortune of another city has benefitted Detroit. The Bills vs. Jets game is free Monday night. It gives a chance for those with less means to attend an NFL game featuring 2 former Lions head coaches on the sidelines as assistants.
    Meanwhile things are getting very scary in south Buffalo with warming temps expected to cause many more roofs to collapse.

Here is a direct link to the ticketing page. Apparently you need a smartphone to download the Flashseats app. Max tickets per person is 4.

http://www8.ticketingcentral.com/V2/...A5C79E95&og=-1

Booo... the online tickets are sold out. this is a ripoff..

i seriously doubt its sold out.
    tickets go on sale [[still for free) tomorrow at the lions box office too.

anyone try calling those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    i seriously doubt its sold out.
    tickets go on sale [[still for free) tomorrow at the lions box office too.

anyone try calling those numbers?

disappointed

the only people I know that were able to get tickets were season ticket holder, I, along with countless other friends, were shut out in minutes when they released the free tickets online and were sold out quickly

i heard like only 500 tickets are available tomorrow at the box office

I wonder how may 15 year old kids throughout the united states bagged 4 free tickets but have no intention of going... the distribution seemed flawed... i find it hard to believe that 63K people are going to show up tomorrow....

probably should have done $1 a ticket to charity, at least that way you would need to enter a credit card and might be more serious about attending...

There have been reports of scalpers selling tickets to the game online for up to $125. Unreal.

I see there are a lot of tickets for sale on craigslist Detroit.

The place will probably be half empty

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I see there are a lot of tickets for sale on craigslist Detroit.
    At least the Lions/NFL appear to not be allowing any tickets through Stubhub as none are listed even though the game is on their site. They should have distributed at least 5,000 at the box office for those willing to wait in line and those without credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The place will probably be half empty
    Or half full, depending on your perspective.

Crowd wasn't bad. Game was terrible, as were the Jets.

Was shut out on-line using a Dell, an I-phone and an I-pad. My daughter in Chicago got on while walking to the bus and scored a handful of the free-bees. We met up at the Wright Kay for a bite and strolled over to see the event.

The game was a little hard to follow as I couldn't remember who I was cheering for, but it seemed pretty well-organized considering the grabass way it was put together at the last minute.

All in all, a win for the City.