Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Happy's Pizza exec found guilty of tax fraud

I remember a few stories in recent years about an investigation. I didn't know it had already gone to trial. I would have figured that there would have been some kind of settlement before it got to that level.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...sion/19320645/

Oh my. I'm curious to see how this will affect the individual franchise owners, and the future development of the company as a pizza chain.

World's worst pizza, and over 6 million in tax fraud. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    World's worst pizza, and over 6 million in tax fraud. Wonderful.
    Worse than a $5 hot and ready? I think not.

I actually think that of the local chain pizza joints, Happy's is halfway decent. Buddy's and Jets are still my favorite chain pizza's though.

Buddy's is good, but pricey. Not a fan of Jets tomato sauce. Never tried a Happy's pizza, so I can't comment on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Worse than a $5 hot and ready? I think not.

I actually think that of the local chain pizza joints, Happy's is halfway decent. Buddy's and Jets are still my favorite chain pizza's though.
    Both are horrible, but I would take Little Caesars over Happys. If those are my choices, I prefer to just not eat, though.

If we're talking the cheapo pizza chains, I think Dominos has the highest quality, since they did their reorg a few years ago. I would rank Jets next. But I prefer to just pay a few dollars more and go to a higher quality independent place, or if I want cheap pizza, just buy frozen, which, depending on brand, is better than the chains anyways, IMO.
    Last edited by Bham1982; November-20-14 at 02:35 PM.

Main Street Pizza in downtown Plymouth has a fantastic pizza and INCREDIBLE ribs. Only issue is that they dont deliver over five miles away. A very nice independent, carryout that appears to be family run. I have severe repetitve stress injuries [[too many years as a computer geek) so they even carry my order out to my car.

Happy's Pizza sucks, but I love their chicken wings, and their rib tips are good,
    but for pizza it has to be Franco's in Centerline[[10 mile and Van Dyke) damn its good
    much better than Stochs a block away

Wonder how Happy they are on the verdict.......in relation, anyone ever heard of pizza "bubble-gut"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Both are horrible, but I would take Little Caesars over Happys. If those are my choices, I prefer to just not eat, though.

If we're talking the cheapo pizza chains, I think Dominos has the highest quality, since they did their reorg a few years ago. I would rank Jets next. But I prefer to just pay a few dollars more and go to a higher quality independent place, or if I want cheap pizza, just buy frozen, which, depending on brand, is better than the chains anyways, IMO.
    You know Bham, I haven't been to a Dominos in probably 15 years. I might have to give them a try now, as the last time I had it I remember it being awful. But maybe this new recipe they have is worth trying.

Yeah their pizza is basically burnt catchup on stale bread with substandard meat/ cheese. Once I found about the shannigans it was easy to not purchase their foods.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Happy's Pizza sucks, but I love their chicken wings, and their rib tips are good, but for pizza it has to be Franco's in Centerline[[10 mile and Van Dyke) damn its good
    much better than Stochs a block away