Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Limbaugh promised to leave N.Y., but hasn't

Back in early April, New Yorkers were happy. Rush Limbaugh had said he was fed up with the high state and city taxes he paid because his alternate studio is located in New York City. So, saying he'd been pushed over the edge by a new, temporary "millionaire's tax" imposed by the state, Limbaugh told his listeners he planned to sell his Manhattan condominium and find a new location for his secondary studio. Naturally, everyone from Jon Stewart to Gov. David Paterson rejoiced.
    It's now the end of July, and Limbaugh has apparently done nothing to make good on his threat. According to Daily Finance's Jeff Bercovici, Limbaugh hasn't put his condo on the market. And, Bercovici reports, Limbaugh's producer doesn't know anything about arrangements to move their alternative studio.
    http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro..._ny/index.html

Yeppers, those high taxes are the point.

Wish I made $60,000 a year. Limbaugh is only good for the comedic factor.

ccbatson Guest

He left New York for Florida years ago.

Didn't read the whole article, did you?

Jams, be careful what you post. You might get snitched on.

ccbatson Guest

Ahhh, is Big Dog actually Lorax?

If so [[as an aside...why? why not Lorax?...but, anyway). How about paying up on the Hartmann "screwed" wager?

As to Rush...his primary residence is in West Palm Beach Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Ahhh, is Big Dog actually Lorax?

If so [[as an aside...why? why not Lorax?...but, anyway). How about paying up on the Hartmann "screwed" wager?

Not the point of the thread.

Gee, did Rushies lie to the public once again?

His rant about moving was just more smoke and mirrors to give the ditto head nation something to talk about since he has nothing of substance to offer.

ccbatson Guest

Sigh...he did move, he has more than one residence, but the primary one is in Florida now [[it was in New York).

ccbatson Guest

BTW, I am pretty certain that the administrators of this forum are able to tell when someone changes identity if it ever comes up as a question. In other words, records are not so easily expunged.

ah, just a quick jaunt to those underage Dominican girls he so cherishes

Sigh...he did move, he has more than one residence, but the primary one is in Florida now [[it was in New York).
    So what you're saying is that when Rush said he was leaving NYC because of the exorbitant taxes on it's residents, he really meant he was changing his homestead between multiple residences which, of course, would result in the loss of any and all homesteading tax exemptions on his real property in New York State...thus his protest of high taxes in NY is resulting in having to pay MORE in taxes there? Seems a bit convoluted if you ask me.

The guy shot his mouth off and made silly claims that he had no intention of keeping. He's not going to take a huge loss on his apartment just to prove a point. And apparently he likes having a place in NYC. Just like Babs Striesand...just like alec baldwin... Rush had no real intention of leaving or selling.

P.S. Cbats, from the March 29, 2009 transcript of the Rush Limbaugh Show....

So I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to look for an alternative studio somewhere outside New York, perhaps Texas -- another no-income-tax state -- and I'm going to get the hell over there, when a hurricane starts coming our way, 'cause I told Mayor Bloomberg: I'll be the first to lead the way. You know, this is just... I'll sell my apartment. I'll sell my condominium. I'm going to get out of there totally, 'cause this is just absurd, and it's ridiculous -- and it isn't going to work. It's punishing the achievers for the mistakes and the lack of discipline on the part of a bunch of corrupt politicians that have run that city and state into the ground for I don't know how many years -- and I, for one, am not going to take the blame for it.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...108.guest.html

Seems pretty clear to me. Why are you claiming otherwise?
    Last edited by bailey; August-04-09 at 07:56 AM.

ccbatson Guest

You also should know that Rush says many things provocatively and facetiously.

I don't know if he owns the studio...if he does, then it is his concern. If he doesn't then it is up to the owner [[likely the people contracting Rush's services) whether they relocate.

I don't know if he owns the studio...if he does, then it is his concern. If he doesn't then it is up to the owner [[likely the people contracting Rush's services) whether they relocate.
    So simply, he lied.

...and you're equivocating.

dictionary of Batsonia:

sigh: an exclamation of stress, used to impart a frustration that people just don't get it, but in fact documenting the user's lack of ability to provide cogent arguments based in facts rather than dogma

Like just about everything that comes out of his mouth.

I'm glad you realise this, Bats, as there is hope for you yet!

ccbatson Guest

It is clear to those with a discriminating mind [[not liberals) that these comments are satirical.

It is clear to those with a discriminating mind [[not liberals) that these comments are satirical.
    Yeppers, I'll agree Rush is a satire in the making.

Lorax Guest

No worries, ladies, Lorax is back, and isn't a shape-shifter like the Rethuglicans are.

Had to take a couple of weeks off for decompressing- needed time to recalibrate the Hate-O-Meter for all the right wing wreckage I've been seeing in my travels.

As far as the Caftan Warlord Brush Lintball is concerned, he lives in both New York and Florida, and as we know, is still at it with the homoerotic house parties, having had another one recently, according to my contact in Palm Beach. No doubt the Oxycontin and Viagara pushers were hard at work on their share of the "stimulus package" if you know what I mean.

ccbatson Guest

Ever pause to consider the content of what he is saying rather than falling back on the usual ad hominem attacks?

Most of the time all he offers is pure opinions, or, out and out lies, so why waste time listening to Republican propaganda when I can hear real, unbiased news on NPR?

ccbatson Guest

Opinions backed up with compelling arguments based on rational thought.

Lies? any examples?

Lies? any examples?
    Opinions backed up with compelling arguments based on rational thought?

any examples?

pedorush has had his lies enumerated her dozens of times.

why is it you never provide what virtually everyone else does --- actual facts to support your points?

oh, right. those pesky facts have a liberal bias
    Last edited by rb336; August-07-09 at 10:12 AM. Reason: missed a p in support

Lorax Guest

Lies? any examples?
    I suggest listening, as painful as it is, to his so-called show. Enough lies there each and every day to dub him the "Father of Lies" as phony Christians love to term it.

ccbatson Guest

I do listen off and on depending on my schedule.

You are evading the question however Lorax...Which was....Any examples? You know, in support of your apparently baseless allegation.