Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Really nice apartments in Detroit

Hypothetical here: If money does not matter, what are the nicest apartments to rent in Detroit. number one choice would be in midtown, number two downtown, three corktown, four sw Woodbridge new center etc

one person living there. Would like balcony or some outdoor area, jacuzzi if possible, really really nice, fancy bachelor pad...money not issue...nicest places please

suggestions?

thanks in advance

Millender, downtown Detroit

maybe not the nicest but just renovated couple years ago. rent was $550.00 for a one bedroom couple years ago now it been raised to over $700. conveniently located block from W. Grand Blvd and 2nd Avenue. Looks safe.

http://www.fisherkahn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Millender is now to be known as the Renaissance City Apartments owned and operated by Village Green Properties. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post

what? not even close. decent apartments but extremely outdated.

I would probably say Willy's Overland Lofts. There's a loft going for upward of 600K i'm pretty sure.

Ellington Lofts are also pretty damn nice, most expensive I've heard selling there are a 1350 SF going for around 310K

both of those are in midtown

He said to rent, and upscale, so I'm thinking he's looking more for this type of thing:

http://www.iodentlofts.com/iodent/Welcome.html [[Currently full)

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    what? not even close. decent apartments but extremely outdated.

I would probably say Willy's Overland Lofts. There's a loft going for upward of 600K i'm pretty sure.

Ellington Lofts are also pretty damn nice, most expensive I've heard selling there are a 1350 SF going for around 310K

both of those are in midtown
    I thought those^ were owned properties, not rentals.

I don't know their status but the Albert in Capitol Park is coming online. There is also a building next to it, the former Detroit Savings Bank, which being carved into 56 rental units according to Curbed.

Here is a Capitol Park panorama shot from phone in September. The Detroit Savings Bank is on the far right, the Albert to its left.

Click Image^
    for large Full Page view.

The Broderick could also be considered an upscale rental.

As for the Renaissance City Apartments [fka Millender Apartments] it has just completed an extensive upscale renovation. I believe the same is true for the other Village Green property, Detroit City Apartments [fka Trolley Plaza]. Cater corner from DCA the Gilbert-owned Claridge [where Birmingham art Galerist David Klein is locating] has also been renovated.

I am uncertain of its interior status but the gorgeous Fyfe Building [NW corner of Woodward and Adams] is certainly upscale on its exterior. More recently announced is the upcoming upscaling of the Townhouse Apartments [fka Pontchartrain Club] across form DTE HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by hogz View Post
    Hypothetical here: If money does not matter, what are the nicest apartments to rent in Detroit. number one choice would be in midtown, number two downtown, three corktown, four sw Woodbridge new center etc

one person living there. Would like balcony or some outdoor area, jacuzzi if possible, really really nice, fancy bachelor pad...money not issue...nicest places please

suggestions?

thanks in advance

For downtown i know there is a penthouse available at the Broderick tower. This will have several walkout terraces and probably run you 4500-5500 a month. Pricing is right around the $2 a sq foot mark.

thank you to everyone - this is helpful - hewettbr, that sounds worth checking out - I'm definitely into walkout or balcony or some outside area - I'm definitely into nice e.g. that one mentioned in the new center is not really going work - looking for higher end than that - PLEASE KEEP THESE SUGGESTIONS COMING - this is helpful

thank you to everyone - this is helpful - hewettbr, that sounds worth checking out - I'm definitely into walkout or balcony or some outside area - I'm definitely into nice e.g. that one mentioned in the new center is not really going work - looking for higher end than that - PLEASE KEEP THESE SUGGESTIONS COMING - this is helpful
    Yeah, its out of my price range but if i could afford it id definitely be there, i don't know of many places in midtown that fit into the same mold.

Here is a link i dug up with pictures. Other than that I'm not sure if any of the other buildings have the balcony/terrace. There are penthouses for rent in the Fort Shelby and Book Cadillac as well but the Broderick seems nicest to me, as far as location and view.

The whitney bilding across the street wont have anything with outdoor access either.

Take a look at the Village Green Website. The Renaissance City Apts. as they're now called have totally renovated large 2 bedrooms for 2800/mo. Balconies, pool/hot tub, fitness, lounge and rooftop patio being built. Definitely fits all your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Take a look at the Village Green Website. The Renaissance City Apts. as they're now called have totally renovated large 2 bedrooms for 2800/mo. Balconies, pool/hot tub, fitness, lounge and rooftop patio being built. Definitely fits all your criteria.
    David Whitney Building: http://davidwhitneybuilding.com/
    The Ashley: http://theashleydetroit.com/

If money truly is no object, then I'll second the Broderick Tower penthouse. That has to be the most amazing rental in the entire city. And the views, unbeatable. Maybe the Book Cadillac has some units that can be rented out...but I think all of them were originally planned as for sale condos. Not sure what the current situation is there.

suggestions?

thanks in advance
    hogz, whenever you move in, let us know so that you can host a housewarming party...

Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    yeah they are nice, i just think the Broderick is more bang for the buck in a more active part of town, plus i'm not 100% if the BC had balconies or terraces.

Fort Shelby Tower Apartments & Book Cadillac are by far top end. their units have shitty developer finishes, though the hotel amenities make up for those shortcomings assuming money is no object. the fort shelby unit has a terrace

http://www.theloftwarehouse.com/inde...=43&Itemid=181
    http://www.theloftwarehouse.com/inde...=56&Itemid=181