Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Default Palin punts again?

this is getting a lot of play today

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.c...palin-are.html

I completely understand why Sarah Palin decided to resign. The crap her and her family have had to deal with from the "media" is flat out astonishing!

Let's see, two bloggers cite unknown sources. Great find lilpup.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/08012009...ed__182519.htm

What is it that scares the left so much about Palin? I've seen few politicians attacked as she has been, even when she's no longer in office.

If it is true, and I have no reason to doubt it then her resignation makes sense. However she should have handled it the way Rudy [[One trick pony) Giuliani did when he wanted to get rid of his ex.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Let's see, two bloggers cite unknown sources.
    Except one of those happens to be a CNN stringer...

Let's see, two bloggers cite unknown sources. Great find lilpup.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/08012009...ed__182519.htm

What is it that scares the left so much about Palin? I've seen few politicians attacked as she has been, even when she's no longer in office.
    Trust me, the left isn't so much afraid of Palin but wondering how such a lightweight could have gotten so far so fast within a major political party

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Trust me, the left isn't so much afraid of Palin but wondering how such a lightweight could have gotten so far so fast within a major political party
    Yes, I think they are actually afraid that so many people in the United States are really that simple.

Even if true, she wouldn't need to resign just for that. We had a governor get divorced.

lilpup Guest

She would have to resign to move to Montana, and the story of her hubby pulling a gun on her daughter's boyfriend wouldn't sit well either.

ccbatson Guest

Her resignation is part of a strategy for future endeavors. The exact form of this is yet to be determined.

I heard Clear Channel, in response to an inquiry about a possible radio show, told her, "thanks, but no thanks".

My guess is that Fox news pays her to be some sort of political "expert" or some such fluffy title, maybe as a host on Fox & Friends.

I heard [[From a trusted source) that she has given birth to an alien and will be moving to Neptune!

I heard [[from a trusted source) that Sarah Palin is Amelia Earhart's illegitimate daughter by Judge Crater.

ccbatson Guest

Look at the sophomoric libs on display again at the mere mention of Palin's name. Hilarious.

Frankly, I feel no particular need to bash Sarah. But I have to admit the amusement factor is very high.

Quote: "What is it that scares the left so much about Palin?"

I'm all over the map when it comes to "left" or "right", but Palin is a moron, in the classic sense. This has nothing to do with party affiliation, this has everything to do with some nitwit that isn't capable chairing a PTA meeting, that couldn't even answer what newspaper she reads, that wanted to take the reins of this country's leadership in the number 2 spot. As well to do with so many that think she would be qualified for any such position. No offense, she is a joke, and a bad one. She was a vehicle to derail the McCain bid for the Presidency. It worked.

she's not going to be for the Republicans what Obama was for the Democrats...
    it's time to move on from this woman, she's simply got too much baggage at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Look at the sophomoric libs on display again at the mere mention of Palin's name. Hilarious.
    It's because she is an unserious person undeserving of any legitimacy polite discourse would confer upon her. She should be mocked mercilessly until she removes herself from the public sphere. She is quite simply a travesty, a shame, and is the embodiment of an ignominious end to the relevancy of the republican brand for at least a decade.

Don't sugar-coat it for us, bailey--tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    It's because she is an unserious person undeserving of any legitimacy polite discourse would confer upon her. She should be mocked mercilessly until she removes herself from the public sphere. She is quite simply a travesty, a shame, and is the embodiment of an ignominious end to the relevancy of the republican brand for at least a decade.
    Thanks for making my point Bailey.

She resigned from office and is no longer in the public arena, yet she continues to be attacked [[as in this thread).

Thanks for making my point Bailey.

She resigned from office and is no longer in the public arena, yet she continues to be attacked [[as in this thread).
    She has absolutely not resigned from the public arena. While she has yet to come up with a sane or believable reason for her quitting on the people of Alaska with 18 months left in her first term, she has continued to make public speeches to various groups, shop around a radio and/or tv show, still runs [[and will gladly take those donations to) her SarahPAC, and has subjected the world to her vapid tweets.

So, no sir, she has not retreated from the public arena, she simply quit her job.

ccbatson Guest

Here's an idea....let her do as she sees fit [[within the law), and if, at some time in the future, you are called upon to vote for her or not....then, and only then, do you need to concern yourself with what this lady os doing.

Quote Originally Posted by HitsvilleUSofA View Post
    Lightweight. Lets examine that actual word shall we?

So compared to King Obama, Palin is a light weight. Regardless of the facts that she was and still is more experienced at running government.

The only difference I see in the two is that Obama is well spoken and she is not.
    But I guess to some people well spoken counts for everything regardless of the fact the guy is a total and complete idiot that can't for one minute think of this country and her people but only for his own meglomaniac plans for our country.
    Maybe she was on the campaign trail but 200 days of running the US of A Trumps less than a term of gov of Alaska

How is he a meglomaniac ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Here's an idea....let her do as she sees fit [[within the law), and if, at some time in the future, you are called upon to vote for her or not....then, and only then, do you need to concern yourself with what this lady os doing.
    Most reasonable comment on this subject that I've read.

Here's my idea..why don't you let Obama and his administration do what he and they see fit [[within the law) , and in 2012, when you are called upon to vote for president, vote for him...or don't. Then and only then do you need to concern yourself with what the man has been doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast