Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Looking for photo of SCS street/building

Perhaps lighthearted for a first post, but I get directed here all the time.

For example, last night I found myself on I-94 passing by Chandler Lanes [[or as it's now known, Genso Cartage). Made me think back almost 20 years ago when I watched the building being converted to a warehouse. Decided to search the web and see if I could find any photos from it's days as a bowling alley [[my mother bowled ther on a league back in the 70s). Typically, that search lead me back to the Detroit Yes forum.

So it got me thinking about turning here for ideas of where to search for a photo I'd like to find as part of a historical marker project in St. Clair Shores.

From the '20s through the mid-60s, the NE corner of 11 Mile / Harper was known as the "Davis block". This block was raised and a Kroger store was constructed. By '76, Kroger was gone and it became a mom/pop drug store [[Dale's). That evolved into an Arbor in '85, and finally the present CVS.

For the marker, we'd like to find a photo of the present building as close to its original mid-60s appearance as possible. The Kroger company was actually quite helpful, even providing photos of other SCS stores of the era... But nothing for this location.

Have tried a Macomb County photo database, neighbors, school yearbooks, etc. Wondering if anyone here might have an idea?

How could a Kroger have fit on this property?