Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Sad to report on the passing of DetroitPlanner

I'm sad to report that forum participant DetroitPlanner passed last Saturday after a very brief illness. It was a shock to get the message on Sunday night that he had passed.

There wasn't a dry eye at his funeral today.

I, for one, will miss his wry sense of humor.

http://www.rggrharris.com/obituary/J...uth-MI/1449671

This is really, really sad, shocking, and unexpected. My thoughts are with his family.

Sorry to hear the news of his passing. Although I only knew him through DetroitYes, he seemed knowledgeable and well spoken. Our prayers go out to his friends and family that they are comforted in their loss.

Whaaa?

I often disagreed with him, and locked horns with him plenty. I'll miss that. And sad to see him die so young.

Wow, that's shocking. I didn't read a whole lot of his posts, but most of them I read seemed well informed. RIP.

That really sucks.

Only knew him through his posts, and I didn't always see eye to eye with what he posted.

But it sucks for his loved ones.

My best wishes to his family. He provided some interesting insights on this place [[take that both ways)

You've got to be kidding me... He was one of the few posters on this board I could have a serious conversation with. Great insight, literate, and polite. I will miss your posts DP

I am shocked. I loved reading his posts and he was there for me when it came to pro government employee rants. I will miss you DP. So sad.

Condolences to the family and friends.

My deepest sympathies to his family. He not only shared a great intelligence but a hilarious sense of humor with this forum. He will be missed.

Sad and tragic news. DetroitPlanner will be greatly missed by me and, I am sure, the rest of the forum. He was informative and intelligent. He love and concern for and great knowledge about Detroit and its betterment ran throughout his 5,876 posts.

It can be seen in his last post was at November-07-14, 01:39 PM, the day before his passing. He was with us right up to the end.

========================================
    Grand River & Greenfield Shopping Area

Originally Posted by nain rouge
    Did Gratiot ever have anything like this? I just had a little debate in my head over which "spoke" street is in the worse shape. Probably Gratiot, right? Grand River at least has a couple remnants of true urban shopping districts, plus Downtown Old Redford. Although Gratiot still has tons of potential near Eastern Market, especially that Service Street block.

Yes there was a busy district there.

You seem to be forgetting quite a few others. Gratiot and Van Dyke, Grand River and Oakman, Michigan and Junction, Vernor and Junction, Woodward and the Blvd, Highland Park on Woodward S of the tracks, there were even business districts off of Evergreen at Plymouth and Seven Mile Roads. Another that has been bulldozed and replaced was by St John Hospital.

Even saw these in the burbs with two along Michigan in Dearborn, Grand River and Farmington, and along Fort in Lincoln Park.
    ================================================

It is nice to learn a real name behind the forum name, but never in circumstances like this. Farewell Jeffrey and rest in peace. Thank you for all you shared with us!

Wow, terribly sorry to hear this. It really seemed so sudden and unexpected. RIP.

Wow.... how sad.... I always liked his posts... and so young....

Now he joins ITSJEFF, PSIP, and BOB_J.... in the Cyberspace in the sky....

RIP... DetroitPlanner... RIP...
    Last edited by Gistok; November-14-14 at 06:08 PM.

Very sad news indeed. He had a lot of interesting and informative posts on DYes

My prayers go out to the family for their sudden loss. I use to spar with him as well. He was always knowledgeable about the going ons in the city.

I only knew him through his posts as well, but I'm also sorry to hear of his passing.

May he RIP.

I have been here a short time but I instantly recognized the name and new that the forum had lost valued member.

Condolences to his family and friends.

I am saddened to hear this news. My condolences to his family.

Wow, sorry to hear about DP. I didn't know him, but did read his post. Thanks for the insight on many post. R.I.P.

I will truly miss his informative posts. Safe journey, Planner.

RIP and salute, DetroitPlanner...

So sad. He was a gem. I miss him already.

DetroitYES won't be the same without him. RIP.

One of the class acts of DY. Still in shock.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast