Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Scrappers cause fire

WTH. Have scrappers done enough damage yet that they can become a priority for DPD? Maybe a bounty on scrappers would help? The construction of many Detroit homes cannot be duplicated today, yet this shit goes on in broad daylight, unimpeded. Unbelievable. And now they're burning neighborhoods and according to the news story "it's not known what if any charges the scrappers will face". Wtf really??? I can think of a few charges, like murder 1.

Fucked up.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...thwest-detroit

"Neighbors say the man was on fire as he ran out of the vacant home."

If there are photos of that, they ought to be widely circulated!

I agree completely that there needs to be a major crackdown on scrappers. This one ought to be charged as if he stole [[the value of ) all of the other houses he burned, and all of the contents of those houses-- along with having endangered the lives of the occupants.

I'm saddened and angry that this community has become devastated by this nonsense. The one older man was expecting his wife home from the hospital, no what. These scrapping pervs must be served some jail time.

Course there's judgement down the road! See top photo of DF link below. I've noticed these "Scrappers Aware! Asbestos Contamination!" large posters posted on some abandoned building by some law firm around the city. Heads up to future lung disease: BEWARE THE SILENT KILLER!

http://detroitfunk.com/?p=11016
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-09-14 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm saddened and angry that this community has become devastated by this nonsense. The one older man was expecting his wife home from the hospital, no what. These scrapping pervs must be served some jail time.

Course there's judgement down the road! See top photo of DF link below. I've noticed these "Scrappers Aware! Asbestos Contamination!" large posters posted on some abandoned building by some law firm around the city. Heads up to future lung disease: BEWARE THE SILENT KILLER!

they will sue the property owners when they get cancer. Just disgraceful what they've done to some of the school buildings etc. just try to build those now.

I'm glad you brought that up. I've been seeing those banners for a few months now everywhere in the City. Is the lawfirm suggesting scrappers might have a possible lawsuit for breaking into a building and exposing themselves to asbestos?

This is something I've thought about. How much asbestos and other hazardous material have scrappers exposed themselves to? We may not see the affects now but perhaps in another 10-15 years? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1 View Post
    This is something I've thought about. How much asbestos and other hazardous material have scrappers exposed themselves to?
    Not enough? They're still doing it.

Interesting. As too often when you see attorney 1-800 info it's a preemptive call for layering-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm glad you brought that up. I've been seeing those banners for a few months now everywhere in the City. Is the lawfirm suggesting scrappers might have a possible lawsuit for breaking into a building and exposing themselves to asbestos?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I guess these are the new "eyeballs" poster...

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/20...night_1029.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    WTH. Have scrappers done enough damage yet that they can become a priority for DPD? Maybe a bounty on scrappers would help? The construction of many Detroit homes cannot be duplicated today, yet this shit goes on in broad daylight, unimpeded. Unbelievable. And now they're burning neighborhoods and according to the news story "it's not known what if any charges the scrappers will face". Wtf really??? I can think of a few charges, like murder 1.

Fucked up.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...thwest-detroit

Pretty bad stuff. On another note, Glenda Lewis and Juie Banovic are lethal cuties.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Pretty bad stuff. On another note, Glenda Lewis and Juie Banovic are lethal cuties.
    Meh.......

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ lol