Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Met Hotel has Bedbugs [[w/video)

My brother who lives out of town was put up in The Met in Troy tonight. Sent me this video of critters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI50cmEGI-0

Anyone ever stay here before? I wouldn't recommend it now...

http://www.themettroy.com/
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-met-troy

That's a bad time for the hotel! It is really pretty easy to get b-bugs. It is not even necessarily an issue of filth or dirt. They can be airplanes, buses and from purchasing used clothes. When I purchase used clothing at an estate sale for example I make sure I apply proper cleaning processes.

I have yet to hear anything good about the Met

If a hotel is cheap there is a reason why.

The happy couple in our family stayed there for two nights for their wedding about 18 months and had absolutely no complaints. In fact, they raved about it!

Hopefully this issue will be quickly rectified.

Just checking the website and can state that the rooms were not that inexpensive 18 months ago.

Used to be the Northfield Hilton. It was a pretty nice place, always seemed kind of empty though.

Yeah, them little buggers are everywhere. They aren't much different than Head Lice in that they don't do well when heated or sprayed with a solution that is basically 60-70% rubbing alcohol.

Remember the old fashioned way of getting rid of Head Lice by such methods as strong chemicals and cutting hair short and using nit pics? Now they use heat as in the old fashioned hair dryer and pic, for bedding they spray the alcohol solution or use steam. The linens and covers go into the wash and dryer.

Death by dessication you might say
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; November-09-14 at 03:04 AM.

I can't tell if those are bed bugs or not.....more than likely they are but they are not that long. They usually look like apple seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    I can't tell if those are bed bugs or not.....more than likely they are but they are not that long. They usually look like apple seeds.
    Close enough for me. I wouldn't stay at that place. I wouldn't want them sum bitches in my house.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "Live At The Met".

I sure as hell am not gonna blame any hotel for stuff like bed bugs. They very well could've been brought in by the previous renter BUT what I will have issues with is if the hotel does absolutely nothing to rectify the situation. If confronted with something like that I'd alert the front desk in a kind and firm manner. Without a word from me, they should be offering me a new room; maybe even an upgrade- a huge discount, a comped meal or some other amenities that they might have.

It behooves them to keep a customer happy. It has absolutely nothing to do with placing blame for me but how they rectify the situation. Solve it to my satisfaction and at the very best, I won't go onto social media [[Yelp, tripadvisor, Hotels.com, etc.) and put up an honest rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    I sure as hell am not gonna blame any hotel for stuff like bed bugs. They very well could've been brought in by the previous renter BUT what I will have issues with is if the hotel does absolutely nothing to rectify the situation. If confronted with something like that I'd alert the front desk in a kind and firm manner. Without a word from me, they should be offering me a new room; maybe even an upgrade- a huge discount, a comped meal or some other amenities that they might have.

It behooves them to keep a customer happy. It has absolutely nothing to do with placing blame for me but how they rectify the situation. Solve it to my satisfaction and at the very best, I won't go onto social media [[Yelp, tripadvisor, Hotels.com, etc.) and put up an honest rating.
    My sister used to work for Marriott in marketing. She has said all decent hotels are absolutely PARANOID about bedbugs. In addition to being the kiss of death if word gets out about the problem they're very expensive to get rid of. You start tossing mattresses and other furnishings out of rooms you're talking big dollars.

we hosted our out of town wedding guests there in 2010. everyone had a nice experience, but their operations are completely inept. we booked a room block 6 months in advance and they eventually comped us 21 room nights for a litany of issues [[early check-in unavailable, rooms not ready, suites not available, etc.) when i checked in a day prior to our event, they were random room doors wide open with stacks of mattresses, foldaway beds in the hall, piles of sheets, etc. i had to personally supervise all of our guest check ins to assure they got the rooms/suites they had reserved. it was a hassle to say the least. the property has a lot of potential, but the owners are all talk and haven't delivered on years of promised improvements.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/p...920?ana=prnews
    the charley's crab space has been renovated, but i haven't heard about the restaurant
    http://www.lakestroy.com/information/

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    If a hotel is cheap there is a reason why.
    Unfortunately my family knows way to much on this subject!! My oldest child went to a camp and brought these guests back with her on a blanket. The exterminator told me they have had bedbug complaints at the Waldorf in New York. Apparently since the ban of DDT they have seen a resurgence. Now when we go to a hotel, we leave suitcases in the bathroom off the floor. Also heat kills them, so all clothing is washed, or put in dryer, before they get anywhere else in the house. I am telling you, when were going through this, I thought bedbugs were crawling on me while I slept even though they confined to my daughters room!!!