Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1

    Default Birmingham's Townhouse to open restaurant downtown

    Figure some of you may have interest. Never been to the place in Birmingham, but good news for downtown. They'll be opening in One Detroit Center.

    http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...roit/18432725/

  2. #2

    Default

    But But But......Bham says businesses aren't coming to city.....no one would ever come there.....

    How SILLY of them!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    But But But......Bham says businesses aren't coming to city.....no one would ever come there.....

    How SILLY of them!
    No one ever said this, and I'm glad you find validation in the opening of a hamburger stand. Who knew that downtown Detroit had restaurants?

    I predict this will be HOF thread. Any restaurant opening in Detroit is worth a good 1,000 comments.

  4. #4

    Default

    They have a great burger and even better cold beer!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    No one ever said this, and I'm glad you find validation in the opening of a hamburger stand. Who knew that downtown Detroit had restaurants?
    What in the hell are you on about? Townhouse isn't Hunter House, in case you are confused. I wouldn't be surprised considering all of your confusion over your own talking points and stances on various subjects.

  6. #6

    Default

    Haha don't listen to Bham... it is crushing him inside that one of Birminghams best bars/restaurants is opening up a bigger, flagship restaurant downtown..

    and he learned that Birminghams premier art gallery (David Klein Gallery) is also opening up a bigger, flagship gallery downtown in the same week. I mean hell, look at these quotes from David Klein himself:

    "The new 4,000-square-foot space is envisioned to become the gallery's flagship location, with room for more elaborate showings and programs and a larger inventory of art. The Birmingham location at 163 Townsend will stay open and continue to show both modern and contemporary art. "It has been a lifelong dream to open a gallery in downtown Detroit," David Klein, 48, said Tuesday."



    He's been sitting at home crying, and cursing Mayor Duggan
    Last edited by SpartanDawg; November-05-14 at 10:10 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Haha don't listen to Bham... it is crushing him inside that one of Birminghams best bars/restaurants is opening up a bigger, flagship restaurant downtown.



    He's been sitting at home crying, and cursing Mayor Duggan
    Lol! I find this quite amusing.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Haha don't listen to Bham... it is crushing him inside that one of Birminghams best bars/restaurants is opening up a bigger, flagship restaurant downtown..

    and he learned that Birminghams premier art gallery (David Klein Gallery) is also opening up a bigger, flagship gallery downtown in the same week.
    Seems like that's worthy of another HOF thread with 1000+ comments, too.

  9. #9

    Default

    It never fails. Some people will always take good news and turn it into an us vs them p!$$ contest.

  10. #10
    anonJD Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    But But But......Bham says businesses aren't coming to city.....no one would ever come there.....

    How SILLY of them!
    From what I gather, a 30-y.o. unreformed frat boy from a well-off family gets bored with his Birmingham location, wants to feel edgy, hitch his wagon to the new Wings' arena buzz and get his name in the local rags, so he announces he's opening something in Detroit = Detroit is back? Interesting.

    It's been in the "planning stages for a year." Call me when it actually opens, after he has to deal with all of the bs that comes with launching something in Detroit. Call me when it's actually bigger than the Birmingham location. Call me when it's still slammed after the opening buzz wears off. Call me if the doors are still open a year later.

    Townhouse works in Birmingham because people live there, it's a neighborhood hangout. Very few wealthy and hip 20-somethings live around One Detroit Center. Perhaps he thinks $15 burgers to the lunch crowd and booze to sporting events/concert crowds are enough to make this viable. Who knows.
    Last edited by anonJD; November-05-14 at 03:57 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    From what I gather, a 30-y.o. unreformed frat boy from a well-off family gets bored with his Birmingham location, wants to feel edgy, hitch his wagon to the new Wings' arena buzz and get his name in the local rags, so he announces he's opening something in Detroit = Detroit is back? Interesting.
    Unfortunately, DYes commenters, and the region at large, have no idea how cities work. They think that sports venues and burger bars are economic development.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Haha don't listen to Bham... it is crushing him inside that one of Birminghams best bars/restaurants is opening up a bigger, flagship restaurant downtown..
    I would be thrilled if Townhouse shut down. Pretty much all of Birmingham would endorse such a development. It's the burger stand from hell.

  13. #13

    Default

    So you speak for all of Birmingham?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I would be thrilled if Townhouse shut down. Pretty much all of Birmingham would endorse such a development. It's the burger stand from hell.

  14. #14

    Default

    This might not open. the building it suppose to open in, is now for sale, the new owners mite not want it.
    Lets hope it does, wish it well,
    does that mean the place to eat there now will bekicked out

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    This might not open. the building it suppose to open in, is now for sale, the new owners mite not want it.
    Lets hope it does, wish it well,
    does that mean the place to eat there now will bekicked out
    The new owners aren't going to want another tenant? And from the article it seems like he's already signed a lease

  16. #16
    anonJD Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I would be thrilled if Townhouse shut down. Pretty much all of Birmingham would endorse such a development. It's the burger stand from hell.
    Another place that opened with supposed good intentions, and then morphed into a night club that attracts a high concentration of obnoxious patrons.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    Another place that opened with supposed good intentions, and then morphed into a night club that attracts a high concentration of obnoxious patrons.
    so you go there often?

  18. #18

    Default

    Awwww... it looks like Bham1982 and anonJD ruined the chances of this ever becoming a HOF thread... bummer...

    Now lets see what people who actually know what they are talking about have to say....

    http://eatattownhouse.com/assets/5.png

    http://www.candgnews.com/news/outdoo...ngham-eateries

    http://patch.com/michigan/birmingham...g-de19b8099d19
    Last edited by Gistok; November-06-14 at 01:25 PM.

  19. #19

    Default

    WOW! I never realized "Hospitality" is a science! I wonder if that's "Craft Cheese" on that burger?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    Another place that opened with supposed good intentions, and then morphed into a night club that attracts a high concentration of obnoxious patrons.
    Is there any other kind of patron in Bham?

  21. #21

    Default

    This place is not going to make it in Detroit with their prices. $15 burger and $20 appetizers won't fly.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Awwww... it looks like Bham1982 and anonJD ruined the chances of this ever becoming a HOF thread... bummer...

    Now lets see what people who actually know what they are talking about have to say....

    http://eatattownhouse.com/assets/5.png

    http://www.candgnews.com/news/outdoo...ngham-eateries

    http://patch.com/michigan/birmingham...g-de19b8099d19
    Yeah because these are culinary experts. You might as well post a link to the Metro Times food restaurant reviews.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    So you speak for all of Birmingham?
    No, he believes he speaks for everyone.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Awwww... it looks like Bham1982 and anonJD ruined the chances of this ever becoming a HOF thread... bummer...

    Now lets see what people who actually know what they are talking about have to say....

    http://eatattownhouse.com/assets/5.png

    http://www.candgnews.com/news/outdoo...ngham-eateries

    http://patch.com/michigan/birmingham...g-de19b8099d19
    I think his point wasn't that the food is bad, but that it has turned into less of a burger joint and more of a bar that has led to drunk drivers, drunken fights on the streets, etc that birmingham residents aren't crazy about.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    This place is not going to make it in Detroit with their prices. $15 burger and $20 appetizers won't fly.

    can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. if you're being serious, that's just not true, considering Fountain Bistro, Roast, Coach Insignia, Wright & Co, etc. are all within walking distance to this place and are in the same price range, or *far* more expensive, and are thriving.
    Last edited by SpartanDawg; November-06-14 at 06:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.