Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Non-partisanship Redefined by Snyder's Team

The political ads this year on both sides have been a nightmare. But by Wednesday, it is over.

The lies [[on both sides) have been flying.

One lie that gets under my skin, mostly because it is SO obvious to anybody with a few year's memory of politics in Michigan, is our governor's ads claim of his non partisanship.

One essential privilege of our democratic republic is the right to vote and to have our vote count.

We had a voter's referendum on the right to work and we just said 'no.'

Our governor's cronies decided that wasn't what they had in mind and they blockaded the building, disallowed any discussion on the bill and RAMMED it through, disrespecting our wishes. And Gov Snyder couldn't sign that bill into law fast enough. That one signature ended my support of our governor.

What's the point of voting?

They did the same thing with the wolf hunt, tried to render the two ballot issues tomorrow moot with their legislation passed and signed by Governor Snyder. That is how much he cares what the people think. Does not want to hear it, or risk the people interfering with the legislators who are not listening to the people either. Piss them off! Vote NO on proposals 1 and 2 tomorrow.

This is one very good way to show the world how far they will go to trample on our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    They did the same thing with the wolf hunt, tried to render the two ballot issues tomorrow moot with their legislation passed and signed by Governor Snyder. That is how much he cares what the people think. Does not want to hear it, or risk the people interfering with the legislators who are not listening to the people either. Piss them off! Vote NO on proposals 1 and 2 tomorrow.

This is one very good way to show the world how far they will go to trample on our rights.
    Or how about we don't stoop down to their level and look at the actual issue. Try going to the UP and seeing what the wolves are doing and then vote based on actual facts/observations rather than emotion.

If you actually SEE rather than listen to unreasoning fear and falsified reports, you will see no such issues. It is true that farmers fear hunters on their lands, but they are so quick to blame wolves when there are other hunters out there, including loose dogs, coyotes, big cats. Plus the State has arranged for reimbursement for lost livestock if any are killed by wolves. There have been very few such cases proven. People must learn to live with the other beings on this planet, rather than try to kill them off for convenience or pleasure.

If you actually SEE rather than listen to unreasoning fear and falsified reports, you will see no such issues. It is true that farmers fear hunters on their lands, but they are so quick to blame wolves when there are other hunters out there, including loose dogs, coyotes, big cats. Plus the State has arranged for reimbursement for lost livestock if any are killed by wolves. There have been very few such cases proven. People must learn to live with the other beings on this planet, rather than try to kill them off for convenience or pleasure.
    There have been MANY Michigan hunters that have lost their dogs to wolves in the last few years. They get to their dogs just in time to find them dead or worse yet mutilated or disemboweled [[but still alive) and have to finish them off themselves. I'm totally in support of wolves living in Michigan as they once did, but we should also have the ability to keep their populations in check, and quickly remove problem packs and individuals.

Honestly, I really don't think the wolf hunting issue is something that should be decided by a statewide vote. Why should voters in Detroit and Grand Rapids make a decision for those that live, work and spend time in the U.P or Northern lower? Perhaps we should reintroduce wolves to places like Farmington, Grosse Pointe and Lansing and see how quickly voters change their minds about voting against controlling Michigan's wolf population.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._six_days.html

Well the no's win.

My question is: How much time do you spend in the UP? I spend plenty of time up there and own 80 acres up there. I see the wolves and the damage they do first hand. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Well the no's win.

My question is: How much time do you spend in the UP? I spend plenty of time up there and own 80 acres up there. I see the wolves and the damage they do first hand. Do you?
    I suppose you can blame yourself and those like-minded for doing such a poor job explaining that damage to the rest of the state.

I have a home place on the res, and we have resident wolves that range that area. "Damage" is something the invaders see. Wolves are not the invaders.

My issue with the wolf hunting was how it was going to be overseen more than it actually taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    My issue with the wolf hunting was how it was going to be overseen more than it actually taking place.
    What would you prefer more than having wildlife experts determine the hunt?

Eurocentric "experts" who disregard scientific evidence disputing their position are NOT a good thing.

What would you prefer more than having wildlife experts determine the hunt?
    What are your thoughts on climate change?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    What are your thoughts on climate change?
    Not sure how that is related to the topic at hand.

I will let you know in a couple of weeks though. Heading to the UP and its 3 feet of snow tomorrow night.

Not sure how that is related to the topic at hand.

I will let you know in a couple of weeks though. Heading to the UP and its 3 feet of snow tomorrow night.
    Deniers like to ignore the overwhelming amount of experts in that particular topic.

Agendas often supplant expertise, unfortunately.