Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Experience Pass offers discounted admission to 7 world-class museums

This sound great we've needed something like CityPass for a long time.

Tourists visiting Detroit can now get discounted admissions to seven of the city's most popular cultural attractions with the new Detroit Experience Pass.

Launched by the Detroit Experience Factory, the DX-Pass is the first of its kind to provide access to several of Detroit’s world-class museums in one package.

For $32, the DX-Pass grants visitors access to these seven cultural experiences:
    ● Charles H. Wright Museum
    ● Detroit Historical Museum
    ● Detroit Institute of Arts
    ● Michigan Science Center
    ● Motown Museum
    ● Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
    ● DXF Cultural Center Walking Tour

The pass may be used for one standard admission to each of the listed partner organizations and will be valid for 8 days from when the pass is picked up. It can be purchased online starting Oct. 28 and can be picked up at D:hive, MoCAD or the Detroit Historical Museum starting Nov. 1. It will also be available for purchase at the D:hive Welcome Center at 1253 Woodward in Downtown Detroit.

For easy access to the participating cultural institutions, the Hard Rock Cafe will provide a complimentary shuttle for pass-holders on Saturdays from 12-5pm. The shuttle will run a continuous loop between participating museums.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2014/10/the_detroit_experience_factory.html

The area libraries have offered a similar deal for about ten years now, but this is still wonderful news.

I know it's not in Detroit but it's too bad that The Henry Ford wasn't a part of this package. Otherwise seems like a great idea and I'm happy something like this is finally being offered.

It's nIce and all, but you only have 8 days to use the thing?!? Give me 30 days and I'll buy it.

Mikeg19: most tourists don't stay around for 30 days. Sounds like you are a resident and not part of the intended audience.