Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default I photobombed Google!

Unloading my car after a trip to the grocery store not long ago, I spotted the Google Street View car coming down the street. Can't miss it; it's well marked with that fantastic HD camera on the roof. Anyway, I got Googled.

Now you are world famous..But totally unknown..Cool post.

Love it! Hi, Ray!

Your lawn grass looks awfully dry and your garage is way too neat.

Ray...you are a superstar!!!

Lowell, cutting that grass kicks the daylights out of my lawnmower.

Yeah! That garage is way tooo neat and orderly! Every garage I know the car barely slips in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yeah! That garage is way tooo neat and orderly! Every garage I know the car barely slips in!!
    You know people that can fit a car in their garage?

Great job getting caught by the Google car! I've seen them a couple times, but have not been able to get a pic yet. One passed me on I-96 one day and a couple months later I spent at least an hour scrolling down that stretch of highway. I don't think he was filming.

Ray, Just say a story on The Week webpage where Canadian judge ordered Google to pay a woman $2,200 because she was seen bending over on her porch and her cleavage showed as the Google camera car went by.

I can't resist a treasure hunt. I found it!

It's dated June 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Ray, Just say a story on The Week webpage where Canadian judge ordered Google to pay a woman $2,200 because she was seen bending over on her porch and her cleavage showed as the Google camera car went by.
       I wonder how they came up with that amount?  That's pretty cool Ray. I've often thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Link, please......

H. T. It's true.

ray, just came back from your neck of the woods. My dog used your dog park in Henderson.

Stopped in Vegas to pick up a particular delivery girl and then drove on to the Grand Canyon and parts south.

by the way, you look terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I can't resist a treasure hunt. I found it!

It's dated June 2014.
    This may only be slightly related, but I discovered yesterday that the Detroit half of the Ambassador Bridge had just been updated with July 2014 HD images-you can even see the redesigned Joumana Kayrouz billboard that started appearing this year in the distance.

However, not counting the interior business views or the user-submitted photo spheres, these are probably the only areas of Detoit that have Street View images taken this year-I know there are areas of Ann Arbor, as well as out in Livingston and Monroe Counties, that have images that were also taken this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

ray, just came back from your neck of the woods. My dog used your dog park in Henderson.

Stopped in Vegas to pick up a particular delivery girl and then drove on to the Grand Canyon and parts south.

by the way, you look terrific.

Thanx, gnome. Doin' okay for a 78 year old fart. And your pup is welcome to use our parks any time he wants! How'd you like the bridge bypass at the dam?

Nice one Ray!!!....Whaler

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Thanx, gnome. Doin' okay for a 78 year old fart. And your pup is welcome to use our parks any time he wants! How'd you like the bridge bypass at the dam?
    I bypassed the bypass altogether. Not my fault...I was not in charge of navigation.

Google street view car nearly ran into me once coming through a semi-blind one car rail overpass. That got edited out of the final street view.

Last years street view, they edited out my waving to the car [[using all my fingers). You see the front end of my van approach, and then it switches to the old street view until I'm far enough past [[rotate view 180º) and you see the back end of my van driving away.

This year I got googled twice, both again edited, and have been in camera view of what I assume was the bing camera car. Helps get on camera when you are on the road everyday for work.

Five years later, waving at Google from behind my Mustang:

Pizza boy