Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Drew Dilkens elected Windsor’s new mayor

It seems like Eddie Francis has been mayor forever, but his influence was felt with the victory of the candidate he endorsed for our international metropolis' second largest city.

Drew Dilkens won a clear majority easily defeating a field of opponents that included a former mayor and a well self-funded candidate.

I am interested in the view of the Windsor / Canadian members of the forum. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Not forever only since Mike Hurst.

Willi Guest

I miss the days of 40% exchange rate and shopping at Devonshire Mall.
    Using those Canadian quarters in the WSU parking machines was great in the 80's
    I still visit Windsor , Walpole Island and areas like Point Pelee, etc.

On topic I hope that Dilkens will do as much as Duggan
    to focus on CLEAN water in the Detroit River - where we drink from.

http://www.walpolealgonacferry.com/
    Last edited by Willi; October-28-14 at 10:20 AM.

Dilkens is pretty much a clone of Eddie as far as ideology and the two have been close allies for a while so this is good for Windsor. Had Eddie decided to run again he would have been elected in a landslide, most consider him to be the best mayor we've ever had.