Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    anonJD Guest

Default Is the downtown Buffalo Wild Wings struggling?

I know this opened to heavy fanfare and it was something so many people were clamoring for. A few million bucks to open it, people are excited for two weeks and then...?

Uhhhh....maybe? You provide no facts or anecdotal evidence to support yourself.

I went there on a weekday afternoon this past Summer and it was, more or less, empty.

Similar experience with Bagger Dave's this past Winter.

But even so, I imagine they easily make up for these slow days when the Tigers/Lions/Red Wings are playing...

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    I know this opened to heavy fanfare and it was something so many people were clamoring for. A few million bucks to open it, people are excited for two weeks and then...?
    Quite possibly the worse service known to man exists at this Buffalo Wild Wings....

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Quite possibly the worse service known to man exists at this Buffalo Wild Wings....
    I completely agree with you there.

But it is Detroit. You have to adjust your expectations...

Buffalo Wild Wings in Gilberttown Detroit is not struggling. When the sports games in full swing. Buffalo Wild Wings will filling up with lots of customers. I just been there and it's very big and three floors with oodles of TV screens all over. As long as Detroit remains a sports town with playoff ready teams. Buffalo Wild Wings will be filling up with customers.
    Last edited by Danny; October-28-14 at 06:42 AM.

Threads with the lead in like this one make me think the person who starts the thread is actually the title writer for Fox News.

I've heard that compared to BWW in other areas of Metro Detroit, the downtown one isn't as good. Chances are most people are only going there during games but not driving way across town for the sole purpose of going there.

I think basically every BWW I've ever been to when a game isn't on has about 15 people in it. No surprise there. These places are alwasy packed on game nights or when they are showing the MMA fights or basically every weekend. And I'm sure the lunch and dinner crowds are bustling as well.

They're struggling... to bring me my damn wings in a timely fashion.

I like the food, but the problem is that if they're busy you're going to get shit-poor service. During the fanfare period of a first few weeks we hit it up a lot. Our food would take an 1-2 hours to get out, if you got it all all.

So when people were the most excited about BWW, their service was the absolute worst.

Even now, if you go at noon, you'll be waiting for your food. The worst part is that you're not waiting for the food to be cooked, you're waiting for the food to be brought to you. By the time it gets to you, it's warm at best.

Me and my work buddies go there most Thursdays for the 65 cent boneless wings. We open the place up at 11:00am. If you go anytime after 11:45 you're asking for shitty service.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Even now, if you go at noon, you'll be waiting for your food. The worst part is that you're not waiting for the food to be cooked, you're waiting for the food to be brought to you. By the time it gets to you, it's warm at best.
    That's been my experience nearly every time I go to any BW3, and why I try to avoid the place if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    That's been my experience nearly every time I go to any BW3, and why I try to avoid the place if at all possible.
    Yeah, I have never had good service at any BW3's anywhere.

The wings aren't even that good either. Pedestrian at best. Just a hang out place to drink were food quality is secondary to the experience IMO.

I hear Slows is struggling. That is why they are opening Gold Cash Gold and expanding to Grand Rapids.

Don't make any sense? Well neither does this thread.

"I know this thing opened and people were excited, and I am too scared to come visit this place, but is it closed yet? Did it fail because Detroit is terrible? Can someone check for me? Thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I hear Slows is struggling. That is why they are opening Gold Cash Gold and expanding to Grand Rapids.

Don't make any sense? Well neither does this thread.
    It's pretty legitimate to complain about the service quality of a restaurant. It may not mean the restaurant is struggling financially, but people have a right to complain about service.

anonJD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Threads with the lead in like this one make me think the person who starts the thread is actually the title writer for Fox News.
    lede*. Your comment made me laugh. Thanks.

anonJD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    "I know this thing opened and people were excited, and I am too scared to come visit this place, but is it closed yet? Did it fail because Detroit is terrible? Can someone check for me? Thanks"
    "I will beg and cheer for things to open in Detroit, but I'll lose interest in them once investors plunk down millions and actually open. When they're struggling because residents don't support them and investors stand to lose their shirt, I'll attack the yuppies who inquire. Then I'll get back to attacking the suburbs and L Brooks Patterson."
    Last edited by anonJD; October-28-14 at 11:34 AM.

"I will beg and cheer for things to open in Detroit, but I'll lose interest in them once investors plunk down millions and actually open. When they're struggling because residents don't support them and investors stand to lose their shirt, I'll attack the yuppies who inquire. Then I'll get back to attacking the suburbs. Yeah, yeah, that's it. The BWW in the burbs are always busy, so I bet L Brooks Patterson has something to do with this Detroit location not doing so hot."
    Since we're just spouting anecdotes here based on no actual facts.. I'll add that every single time I've been by the Detroit location at lunch it has been packed ...which is why I didn't eat there. Too long of a wait for a place like BWW.

Maybe it's empty at 3 in the afternoon on a random Tuesday...but I haven't seen it empty at "peak" times or on game days.

I mean, I ate at the BWW in Mt. Clemens at about 2:30 on a tuesday last year... I was one of four customers in there at the time. Clearly BWW is about to shutter that location, right?
    Last edited by bailey; October-28-14 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post

Maybe it's empty at 3 in the afternoon on a random Tuesday...but I haven't seen it empty at "peak" times or on game days.
    I walk by it on most Tuesday evenings on my way to partake of the growler special at Detroit Beer Co. Frankly, I'm surprised that they have as much activity as they do on a Tuesday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I completely agree with you there.

But it is Detroit. You have to adjust your expectations...
    This is the exact type of self-defeatist attitude that will keep Detroit wallowing in mediocrity. I'm opening a restaurant in the city right now and we talk about building something that can stand on its own in NYC, Chicago, SF, etc. Not something that's "good enough" for Detroit. My staff will be 90% Detroiters and I don't expect any of our guests to adjust their expectations. I plan to blow people away.

I would guess they're doing fine.

You probably don't see many people in the restaurant most days, but that's expected. These types of businesses open downtown to cater to the "special events" crowd. They have a totally different business model than out in sprawlburbia or in a more prosperous city center. BW3 is there because of the auto show, concerts, parades, the Tigers/Lions/Wings, etc. They aren't going to be busy on a random Tuesday in January.

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    This is the exact type of self-defeatist attitude that will keep Detroit wallowing in mediocrity. I'm opening a restaurant in the city right now and we talk about building something that can stand on its own in NYC, Chicago, SF, etc. Not something that's "good enough" for Detroit. My staff will be 90% Detroiters and I don't expect any of our guests to adjust their expectations. I plan to blow people away.
    A cigar bar seems to work great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    A cigar bar seems to work great for that.
    LOL. "Detroit. Prepare to be blown away".

Ha! Murder is sooo funny. Should we make jokes about Bob Basharas wife or the kids killed in school in Washington or is murder only funny when it is Detroit. I'll make it a point to laugh about all people killed in the suburbs since the precedent is set that murder is just fucking hysterical.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast