Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 1912-1917 High Schools if living in Detroit?

I'm doing some genealogy and was told that although my grandfather lived in Detroit, he attended high school in Ontario. I don't know if this was for all of high school or just a year or two. Any suggestions of where to begin my search? Also told that he played football. Thanks!

Was your grandfather Catholic? If so, you could look at Assmption High School in Windsor. My Father grew up on the east side of Detroit and attended Assumption as a boarding school student circa 1935. Assumption was not a brand-new school even then. My Father played basketball.

Default Assumption

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Was your grandfather Catholic? If so, you could look at Assmption High School in Windsor. My Father grew up on the east side of Detroit and attended Assumption as a boarding school student circa 1935. Assumption was not a brand-new school even then. My Father played basketball.
    That was my exact thought. A good friend of my brother attended Assumption, he lived on campus during the school year, played on their hockey team. That's the only high school I know of in Canada that someone living in Detroit may have gone to, though I'm sure there could be others.