Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default No Detroit Grand Prix for 2010

http://tinyurl.com/m7bsgy

However, they may bring it back for 2011, if the economy improves by then
    Last edited by DanTheMan; July-31-09 at 11:11 AM.

As far as I'm concerned, it ended when they moved it to Belle Isle. I know it was inconvenient for some, but it was intended to be an urban street race. Downtown and the GP gave each other some flavor.

That sucks! I volunteered last year and met some great people and had a great time. There was a lot already invested with paving the course and all of the tents, grandstands, tire and concrete walls are in some warehouse just off of Jefferson. It would be nice if they found a way to use that stuff. I hope it will run in 11.
    grand prix 08
    Last edited by rajdet; July-31-09 at 12:21 PM.

I myself miss the days when it was downtown. Still got my Ferrari shirt from then. I might follow F-1 MORE if they were here.

I miss watching Aryton Senna carve up the streets downtown. Senna, tragically killed at the San Marino GP in 94, was a 3 time World Driving Champion and the only 3 time winner of the Detroit Grand Prix. We need a plaque or something in his honor downtown.