Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Willi Guest

Default Does Detroit suffer from Ghetto-itis ?

How often do people see this "type" of stuff in Detroit ?
    Eliminate it , banish it, or is the flavor of the local neighborhood streets ?

http://thechive.com/2014/08/25/odds-...tto-25-photos/

Willi Guest

There seems to be a real divide at the borders

http://bridgemi.com/2014/10/border-c...pointe-divide/

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post

Naw dim pics ain't got the D flav...

There's some definite white cultural chauvinism among those pictures.

Willi, next thing you know, you'll be saying, "I know this isn't 'P.C.' but … you people really love that fried chicken."

Somehow I knew this was a Willi thread before I clicked it....

Willi Guest

So how is it avoided, is there a solution, a fix, a remedy, a way to stop those situations ?
    Maybe if everyone listened to the music PAM did, the world would be better place
    Last edited by Willi; October-24-14 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    There's some definite white cultural chauvinism among those pictures.

Willi, next thing you know, you'll be saying, "I know this isn't 'P.C.' but … you people really love that fried chicken."
    I be old, isn't that how Detroit folks talk? Ms Grace at 87, passed last week and finally before she died, taught me how to fry chicken right. An amazing woman, an amazing neighbor. These are the people I see trash talked all the time. But I do know her recipes now and will share with community. I wouldn't trade my neighbors and community for the world. Sick of PC crap and in my world we get rid of the bull. It's not white or black, Christian or Jew, young or old or new world views. Just really good neighbors. People should be as lucky as I feel. Yes assholes this is Detroit!

So how is it avoided, is there a solution, a fix, a remedy, a way to stop those situations ?
    Maybe is everyone listened to the music PAM did, the world would be better place
    Ok, here's a song for you:

http://youtu.be/NTxxEdBIL6Y

Willi Guest

Got an opinion, comment, original thought there Pam or just more music ...........?
    Issues require thought, thinking, discussion - it causes pain, headaches, controversy.

Maybe is everyone listened to the music PAM did, the world would be better place
    How can we get intrusive busybodies like Willi to go away and leave us alone? Is there a solution, a fix, a remedy, a way to get him to mind his own business?

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    How can we get intrusive busybodies like Willi to go away and leave us alone? Is there a solution, a fix, a remedy, a way to get him to mind his own business?
    Thank you. I truly wish we could get back to Detroit yes. So many things I would like to discuss but feeding trolls is not my forte. The mission statement is: what went wrong, how can we fix it. So many people work hard to rebuild a New Detroit and we do our little part. I am always amazed at Detroit synergy and stay positive but the naysayers just drain me.

Got an opinion, comment, original thought there Pam or just more music ...........?
    Issues require thought, thinking, discussion - it causes pain, headaches, controversy.
    One of the best ways to express opinion, comment, and original thought is through music. Open your ears. And you're absolutely right, if people listened to the music Pam does, the world would be a better place.

Dude, you need a few drinks.

Detroit already came down with Ghetto-itis for over 60 years. Symptoms include pacifying welfare and food stamp black people. City government corruption, poor schools, blight and abandon neighborhoods, loss of jobs, gangs and street drug markets, robberies, shootings, rapes and homicides.

Slum clearance is the treatment.

There is a cure: It's called gentrification.

Willi Guest

Why do neighborhoods allow it to happen ? Is it not a direct reflection of the residents ?
    Other cities in Michigan nearby; enforce the rules, stop the nonsense, and thrive.

Well there was one redneck limo.

Why do neighborhoods allow it to happen ? Is it not a direct reflection of the residents ?
    Other cities in Michigan nearby; enforce the rules, stop the nonsense, and thrive.
    I think it's really great that you've come to Detroit and don't understand why Detroit isn't like the suburbs. You must have so many insights to share.

Willi Guest

I was born near Detroit, went to school in Detroit, and live near Detroit,
    and often play in Detroit -- the insight I see is that many people let it happen to themselves.
    Neighborhoods where people actually care, get involved, actually act on things, are okay.
    The ones who are apathetic, un-involved, selfish, whats-in-it-for-me, get what they get.
    If it looks like dump, it acts like a dump, smells like a dump, and only gets dumpier.
    If someone actually confronts another, STOP don't do that ! ; action and mindset, gets results.
    Last edited by Willi; October-24-14 at 06:08 PM.

and often play in Detroit -- the insight I see is that many people let it happen to themselves.
    Neighborhoods were people actually care, get involved, actually act on things, are okay.
    The ones who are apathetic, un-involved, selfish, whats-in-it-for-me, get what they get.
    If it looks like dump, it acts like a dump, smells like a dump, and only gets dumpier.
    If someone actually confronts another, STOP don't do that ! ; action and mindset, gets results.
    OK, I like that you've spent so much time in Detroit and have such glib answers that you're presenting as facetious questions.

Neighborhoods were people actually care, get involved, actually act on things, are okay.
    So bottom line is phase 2 which entails repopulating with factories and jobs while providing skills training for the currant residents.That is the focus nothing more nothing less.

To continue on degrading or bringing up what happened or why it happened is wasted energy and pointless dialog,I believe at this point everybody in the world is well aware of the ills of Detroit so now is the time to show them the roses that are overlooked.That is productive.
    Last edited by Richard; October-24-14 at 05:35 PM.

Willi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    OK, I like that you've spent so much time in Detroit
    I like it, that you like it that I like Detroit . Glad we got that squared away.
    Now how do we get the ghetto out of Detroit and make it a decent city ?

http://www.nber.org/digest/oct97/w5881.html
    Last edited by Willi; October-24-14 at 06:05 PM.

I like it, that you like it that I like Detroit . Glad we got that squared away.
    Now how do we get the ghetto out of Detroit and make it a decent city ?

http://www.nber.org/digest/oct97/w5881.html
    What about Detroit do you "like," if you think it's indecent and a dump and you're trying to think of ways to get rid of the people who live here? It doesn't sound to me like you like it very much at all.

My sincere recommendation to you would be to find a place you actually do like, and move there, and stop trying to remake Detroit in your image.

Willi Guest

So the scum get make the image of scum - as the lowest common denominator - NO !
    I sincerely think any person regardless of race, ethnicity, etc. understands clean versus dirty.
    A level of dignity in keeping up a residence, doing a neighbor a favor, etc. in a community.
    It's easy to see which neighborhoods care, and which ones have given up - on themselves -
    Last edited by Willi; October-24-14 at 07:35 PM.

So the scum get make the image of scum - as the lowest common denominator - NO !
    This post is complete gibberish. I have no idea what you are trying to say. It's sad that your cultural pathologies make you insufficiently motivated to pull up your bootstraps and learn to express yourself coherently. What should we do about Willi's cultural pathologies, guys?

Willi Guest

The intro is about 4 minutes long, so jump ahead if you dare ...........
    -
    -

Pathology - the causal study of disease - "blight is a cancer" - who said that ....???

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ight/16529923/

Are you scum antongast ?
    You have started 3 threads and been on the forum how long -- yeah a real thinker, reader, motivator, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Willi; October-24-14 at 07:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast