• Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
    • Lean Manufacturing and Quality Management
    • Automotive Services, Parts and Design
    • Logistics and Supply Chain Management
    • Healthcare Management
    • Process and Project Managment
    • Microsoft Office and General Business Productivity

Willi Guest

Warren seems to play up that Arsenal of Democracy thing over and over and over again.
    Vehicles, Tanks and Missiles, along with hardcore gritty grimy industrial manufacturing.
    If it wasn't for military contracts and automobile manufacturing, Warren would be dead.

Thanks. Nice interactive map.

That red spot in Birmingham, AL stood out so I went clicking on that and other cities all over. It showed that "Criminal Law" is concentrated in the deep south. Hmm.

There are a lot of "Counterterrorism Law" [[?) hotspots in the map too. That must be a new booming industry.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-22-14 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    Warren seems to play up that Arsenal of Democracy thing over and over and over again.
    Vehicles, Tanks and Missiles, along with hardcore gritty grimy industrial manufacturing.
    If it wasn't for military contracts and automobile manufacturing, Warren would be dead.
    Yea...... because all those things are built at the GM Tech Center.

that can be said of Detroit and many of its suburbs. Minus the military contracts.

Willi Guest

Maybe if more people thought evolution, instead of lamenting what once was in history,
    the entire area would be in better shape, economically, and physically.
    Why is everyone sooooo god damn intent on keeping what was 50 years ago ?

Who is 'everyone.' The people I know in the city aren't that prone to cling to history. Now, those people on 30 mile road really like to talk about the good old days.

Honestly, do you know a single person that lives in the city or is your view from channel 4 and the curmudgeonly neighbors that long for the 'good old days'

Willi Guest

Obviously ""my circles"" don't overlap with ""your-circles"" JT1; but it doesn't diminish
    the sentiment of many who don't like change, new stuff, technology, progress, evolution.
    They vote, they lobby, they petition, they attempt to leverage - for the way it used to be.
    Status quo is safe, comfortable, non-threatening, and is easier to deal with.
    Last edited by Willi; October-23-14 at 03:16 PM.

Detroit & metro needs a lot more diverse career fields and the training infrastructure to facilitate new local workers.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Who is 'everyone.' The people I know in the city aren't that prone to cling to history. Now, those people on 30 mile road really like to talk about the good old days.

Honestly, do you know a single person that lives in the city or is your view from channel 4 and the curmudgeonly neighbors that long for the 'good old days'
    I thought I was the only person that notices this. In general I don't see too many people who live in Detroit still hoping or stuck in the "good ol days". Whatever economy or jobs that put food on the table and a roof over there head is what they want. They couldn't care less about the "good ol days".

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Detroit & metro needs a lot more diverse career fields and the training infrastructure to facilitate new local workers.
    I totally agree. If you are an engineer it's a great region to be in. The problem is that everyone isn't in STEM. The majority of people I see leave Metro-Detroit don't work in STEM fields.

Willi Guest

Not every engineer wants to work on damn cars, automobiles and trucks either.
    Would be nice to have diversity instead of ALL the eggs in one basket, geesh.
    There is more in the world to manufacture and we have the ports, bridges, trains, highways, airports.

Not every engineer wants to work on damn cars, automobiles and trucks either.
    Would be nice to have diversity instead of ALL the eggs in one basket, geesh.
    There is more in the world to manufacture and we have the ports, bridges, trains, highways, airports.

Good point...