Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Slow Roll Monday Nights

In case no one is aware of this event, Slow Roll is a bike event that started in Detroit that has rapidly become a global movement that has spawned Slow Roll events throughout the US, Europe and the Middle East.

Any members of this forum Slow Rollers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    In case no one is aware of this event, Slow Roll is a bike event that started in Detroit that has rapidly become a global movement that has spawned Slow Roll events throughout the US, Europe and the Middle East.

I did the slow roll on July 7th. It was one of my most favorite things I did in Detroit during my vacation there. It puts our slow roll event here in Vancouver [[we call it critical mass, it's monthly, and nowhere near as well organized) to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post

I slowroll evrry other Monday. The slow roll id more organized than Critical Mass ehich happen on the last Friday of the month from April to October. I used to ride the Critical Mass starting in 2012 and the Slow Roll since 2013. The Monday Night Dloe Roll happen every Monday from the end of March to that last Monday in October. Slow Roll is more organize. Critical Mass is more political and the Slow Roll is mote Recreational.

I try to get out once or twice a month.

The event has grown exponentially. From the hundreds 3 years ago to 3,000+ per ride this year. 3,000+ and still growing.

What will be challenging, and interesting to see, is how the group can maintain its culture and organization while growing to almost uncontrollable numbers. These are good problems, of course. But problems nonetheless.

Last one of the year is tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by jolla View Post
    Last one of the year is tonight!
    Yeah to me that was probably the second best one I've done since i started riding with them in August...