Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Election 2014: Michigan [[Snyder vs. Schauer) & others.....

We only have three weeks left. It's time to discuss One Tough Nerd vs. the Schauer Man...

For those who missed it, here's the first [[and possibly only) debate between Snyder & Schauer:

Latest polls [[courtesy of RCP):
    Governor:
    Rick Snyder [[R), Incumbent - 44.7%
    Mark Schauer [[D) - 41.2%
    9/20/14 - 10/12/14

U.S. Senate [[from Michigan):
    Gary Peters [[D) - 45.8%
    Terri Lynn Land [[R) - 36.8%
    9/20/14 - 10/12/14

Let's debate all Michigan races, national, statewide, major Michigan city, and any major proposals. What are the consequences? What is at stake? What do you look for in a leader? Who are you backing for governor? Are you voting straight party ticket or on a case by case basis? Let's get ready to ruuuumble....

I'm registered as a dem but vote 'case by case' as needed. I rarely do straight ticket -- rarely do my politics and interests align that neatly. We've got to get people out to the polls for the local elections or we'll have more of the same! The malaise this past election in Detroit was sad.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-14-14 at 12:06 PM.

GO SCHAUER!! GO PETERS!!

Get rid of that Snyder the Nerd, Remember the 'Right to Work' misnomer and the Public Act Emergency Manager Law that let EM become the gov't? Remember the Film Incentive program that he cut and billions of dollars of eduacation cut! All Michigan Unions must not vote for Snyder. All Detroiters must not vote for Snyder. Bring in Mark Schauer. He will rain on that Nerd.

Terry Lynn Land allow the Koch Bros. dump pet coke in our backyards. Cause one factory in Gaylord, MI. to close costing 500 jobs. Garry Peters will back in political house in no time.
    Last edited by Danny; October-14-14 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I rarely do straight ticket -- rarely do my politics and interests align that neatly.
    I wish more people realized that they don't have to blindly follow party politics. It's alright to disagree with policies from a person's preferred party and even agree with some policies from the opposition party. Too many people blindly follow everything their party tells them. Baah baah!

Peters wins. All the Republican incumbents keep their seats.

My picks are Schauer and Peters. Totten I don't know too much about but Schuette is human garbage.

Read this about Peters. It shows him as a political hack that he is.

http://blogs.detroitnews.com/politic...talk-time-cmu/