Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default low income housing

I have run into a bit of a stiff. My mom is sick and I need to save cash ASAP. Where in the D is the BEST housing according to income [[not Sec 8), given location, supermarkets, bus route accessibility, etc. City housing is OK but not preferable, and I cant wait on a 2 year waiting list.

I've tried looking up MSHDA locator, but cant afford to travel around to see all of them. A Senior bldg that takes 50 and over would be the best bet.

Will this be for you or your mother or for both of you? There are many senior buildings throughout the city. I looked at many of them for my mother mostly in Mid-Town where I lived at the time, New Center, Downtown, & E. Jefferson I moved her into a very nice multi-income community called Friendship Forest Park. Her rent was based on 30% of her income. There are three 2 level buildings within the community designated for persons 55 years and older. That part of the community is called Friendship Meadows. It's a beautiful community located near I-75 & Mack. It's close to the Eastern Market and Medical Center My mother lived there for almost 10 years before she passed 4 years ago. There are many other senior communities throughout the city. The website below might be helpful.

http://www.seniorhousingnet.com/seni..._mi?source=web
    Last edited by FormerDetroiter; October-13-14 at 09:51 PM.

She is in assisted living. This would be for me. Thanks. I had an aunt at Friendship, its beautiful, but I'm not 55 yet.

That Great Guy Guest

Housing is cheap all over metro Detroit. You should have no problem.

Check The Monitor mostly Detroit housing but they cover metro Detroit too.