Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Best Coconut Cake? Purchase where?

Hello. Is it just me or can you only find a good, two-layer Coconut Cake at a family event?! I talking that round kind with the thick icing, gluten full [[smile), yellow-egg batter version! Does anyone know a local bakery that sells them? Thanks......
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-12-14 at 06:11 PM.

Opps! I meant to put this in the 'Discuss Detroit' section.... Admin. please move...
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-12-14 at 02:56 PM.

I don't know of a bakery in Detroit, but I do know that Sam's Club sells them occassionally, and there is a bakery in Farmington Hills...Mrs. Maddox's Cakes...on Orchard Lake Road and 10 Mile, that I'm sure will bake one to order.

Check with Knudsen's on McNichols, they sometimes have coconut. Their cakes are wonderful, our family birthday tradition for decades.

Awesome! Thanks. I'll check these places out - I do want one for an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    I don't know of a bakery in Detroit, but I do know that Sam's Club sells them occassionally, and there is a bakery in Farmington Hills...Mrs. Maddox's Cakes...on Orchard Lake Road and 10 Mile, that I'm sure will bake one to order.
    Mrs. Maddox's Cakes is awesome. We got our wedding cake there. Just a bit of history, the original Mrs. Maddox baked the wedding cake for Charles Lindbergh's wedding.