Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Washington Square Apartments

Hey all-I've been posting on here since the beginning [[at least 10 years) but finally decided to "rejoin" today with this new format. Anyways coincidentally enough, my company has taken over management of the former Trolley Plaza Apartments now called Washington Square Apartments and guess who is the regional manager for the building?? Your's truly! The irony in the situation is crazy as I looked at Trolley Plaza back in 2005 to live at but then decided on The Pavilion because Trolley was just "not my cup of tea" at the time! Now, Village Green is out to change this!

There are and will continue to be some great changes taking place at Washington Square with a truly 100% customer service oriented company managing it. We are working with ownership to do major capital improvements [[two of the four elevators have been replaced and all four are scheduled to be done by year-end). Individual apartment renovations are taking place, with new kitchens, lighting, bathrooms, etc. The lobby has been remodeled with more luxuries to be added soon and the same goes for the pool deck. Its going to take some time but we are committed to being the best place to live downtown again! I encourage you all to check us out if you are ever in the market for an apartment.

Once again, we took over managment on Monday, so give us some time but we plan to make this place the jewel it should be. I can already tell you though it is much improved from a few years ago. Our apartments are starting at $650 currently.

http://www.villagegreen.com/Apartmen..._info/property[id]/18001/

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

crawford Guest

What proportion of units are occupied by Section 8 tenants?

Zero. They are all market rate.

Welcome back cmubryan... great to hear that you get to help make downtown better!

You didn't exactly give Crawford "the glass is half empty" answer he wanted to hear...

That's great news CMU, welcome back.

I was thinking the same thing, Gistok. How disappointed Crawford must have been.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
    Zero. They are all market rate.
    Section 8 units are market-rate.

Do you know what Section 8 is, and would you in your capacity even know if a unit has an attached voucher?

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    Section 8 units are market-rate.

Do you know what Section 8 is, and would you in your capacity even know if a unit has an attached voucher?
    Just what the hell does it matter to you Crawford??? Someone posts some enthusiastic good news and you want to piss all over it Why don't you bring your incredible wealth of real estate knowhow back to Detroiut and make it all better.

Link was broken, here it is again:

http://www.villagegreen.com/Apartmen...5Bid%5D/18001/

Let me clarify: Washington Square is 100% market-rate and does not accept section 8 vouchers.

does that abandoned eyesore across the street scare away tennants?

Quote Originally Posted by staticstate View Post
    does that abandoned eyesore across the street scare away tennants?
    Are you talking about your mother?

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Are you talking about your mother?
    If by "mother" you mean "Book Tower", yes.

sorry about that I have a medical condition called "Lafayette sarcasm disorder". George Jackson reminded me to take my meds and now things are okay. thanks for your concern.

my friend lives there and is upgrading to the Penthouse. I'm glad they are fixing the elevators because those are awful. The one crazy thing about the new management is that they aren't paying water for the tenants. Every place I've ever rented had paid water.

I love these apartments. Since the Statler came down, the apartments on the north side have direct views into Commerica Park.

DetroitDad Guest

Actually, Crawford may have smelled some fish on this one, since I believe they do....

DetroitDad Guest

Huntington Woods?

Downtown diva Guest

i, for one, am happy about this. A buddy of mine was telling me about how the elevators havent worked for some time.

I would have assumed that this would have made him move out, but he likes the views.

I know the Village Green people well, as I have lived in one of their properties. This defintiely is an upgrade.

Is Washington Square Apartments still Washington Square Apartments?

I haven't seen anything stating otherwise until "No. 3 — Washington Blvd. - A [[Detroit City Apartments formerly Washington Square)"

From Crain's House Party

http://www.regonline.com/builder/sit...EventID=911501