Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Would love to move back ............

I'm considering moving back into the city Where are some nice developments near downtown that are reasonable? and .............. are there any financial incentive programs being offered?

Move to The Albert [[formally the Griswold Building) in the gentrified section in Gilbert Park [[ formally Capitol Park) in Gilberttown Detroit.

Are you already earning a middle-class salary [[$45,000+) and have connections for a "guaranteed" job or transferring your business interests? If not, I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    I'm considering moving back into the city Where are some nice developments near downtown that are reasonable? and .............. are there any financial incentive programs being offered?
    The only incentives there are are for employees who already work downtown AFAIK. Also what is reasonable for you? A price range? A construction quality? Any specific amenities?

Do you have a 42' Viking and like to jog?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

Hey cmon. Just because I don't reply to threads doesn't mean I dont read them....

Get with a realtor who can give you prices and places to look at. I haven't lived in Detroit but I read a lot about the RE and it's sky high downtown and in midtown. You may end up in the suburbs if you can't afford downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Get with a realtor who can give you prices and places to look at. I haven't lived in Detroit but I read a lot about the RE and it's sky high downtown and in midtown. You may end up in the suburbs if you can't afford downtown.
    LOL. It's "sky-high" I tell you. Only billionaires can afford downtown these days.

Back to the real world, you can rent in Lafayette Park from $600/month and East Jefferson near downtown from $500 a month, and New Center from $400 a month. Only global business titans need apply...

http://www.apartmentguide.com/neighb...afayette-Park/

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hey, what about a dude who plays the accordion/bongos at the same time [[?), has a booth at the Gibraltar Trade Center, and exercises playing beer pong.......in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    LOL. It's "sky-high" I tell you. Only billionaires can afford downtown these days.

Back to the real world, you can rent in Lafayette Park from $600/month and East Jefferson near downtown from $500 a month, and New Center from $400 a month. Only global business titans need apply...

http://www.apartmentguide.com/neighb...afayette-Park/
    Although, at those prices the chances of vacancies are pretty low. According to statistics on a Crain's article, the total vacancy rate for apartments in downtown, midtown, and the riverfront is around 3.4%. The expensive apartment units are pretty much the only ones that available, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, there are other decent places to live in Detroit where you don't have to be a business tycoon.

The apartments along Jefferson's "Gold Coast" struck me as interesting if you like apartment living. Close to the nice Riverwalk, too.

I live in East English Village, custom-built pre-war homes 1000 - 2000 sq. ft. mostly. It's pretty nice and very affordable.

I wouldn't live in the suburbs. What's the point? They're like suburbs everywhere. Just stay where you are if that's the case.

Why did you leave Detroit. When did you leave and why do you want to move back?

I think the area north of Woodward and Grand Blvd will be the next boom towns. You can walk to the M1 Rail. And there is hardy Hamtramck, waiting a few more years until its distinct brand of housing becomes as trendy as the shot gun cottages in Corktown.

I agree , the area north of the Blvd is the next hot spot ,I already have tons of people asking about it at work ;-)