Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Best Bars in America on Esquire Network: Detroit Edition

I was in Cafe D'Mongo's over the weekend where they were filming. It looks like they were filming at other bars as well...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...bars/16822809/

I like the Cadieux..... don't get me wrong. I even played for their hockey team. But man they get a lot of fan fare for reasons I do not know. Looks good on them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by buckster1986 View Post
    I was in Cafe D'Mongo's over the weekend where they were filming. It looks like they were filming at other bars as well...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...bars/16822809/
    i was there over the weekend too...didn't see you or cameras.

They were filming at the Vinsetta Garage too.

I saw them at Chick's!

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    i was there over the weekend too...didn't see you or cameras.
    It was on Saturday, probably around 10:30ish.

Grand Trunk Pub on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by buckster1986 View Post
    It was on Saturday, probably around 10:30ish.
    Fail... This guy only rages on fridays

anonJD Guest

Isn't Cadieux in a highly seedy area? Who goes there that would make it iconic?

Is Anchor bar sort of a Detroit institution? I think it's either Anchor or a bar around there that all the media and newspaper guys used to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post

Is Anchor bar sort of a Detroit institution? I think it's either Anchor or a bar around there that all the media and newspaper guys used to go to.
    I've only been to Cadieux twice, but it didn't seem to be that bad an area. It's iconic mainly because of the feather bowling, but they also have a unique selection of Belgian beers, and their mussels are popular. I believe they have a good amount of live music, as well as some other unique items [[i.e. rabbit).

Ive only been to Cadieux once or twice as well. The bowling was fun but other than that I found it a pretty bland bar. Seems like with all the notoriety they have had over many years they would have a more inviting atmosphere. I love to go there for the feather bowling but thats about it. Maybe Im missing something as Ive only been a couple of times.

Esquire was at the Old Miami as well that weekend. I had a bad experience with Esquire about a week earlier as they hired me to show them around Detroit, they seemed to come under the guise of a story on Detroit when they actually wanted a story on a local celebrity to air his laundry. Not sure how the article is going to read when it comes out but I dont think I will be happy with the outcome. Im waiting on the issue to come out. If I am right I will be voicing my opinion loudly here and elsewhere.
    Last edited by Django; October-16-14 at 01:10 AM.

There was once a time when Honest [[?) John's was making some lists because he had one of the best jukebox selections around-that was when he was located closer to Jefferson Ave.

I hear they went to the Friday's out by Fairlane AND the one on Northwestern Highway!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post

The anchor bar is my most frequent watering hole and it has people from the free press, wdiv and red wings patrons more than the other bars around