Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Have you seen my Fernet- Branca bike?

My bike was stolen and has been seen at Great Lakes Coffee on 9/18.
    This bike is one of a kind. If you have seen it or who has it, please let me know.

Thank You all for the help

.Name:  IMG_4369.jpg
Views: 2966
Size:  49.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by alf View Post
    My bike was stolen and has been seen at Great Lakes Coffee on 9/18.
    This bike is one of a kind. If you have seen it or who has it, please let me know.

Thank You all for the help

.Name:  IMG_4369.jpg
Views: 2966
Size:  49.6 KB
    SO sorry, alf. I'll keep a look out.

Someone was doing the Christmas shopping for their kids.

I'm sorry to hear this. I do a lot of CBD and River Walk biking, I'll keep an eye open for it.

Willi Guest

They took the whole thing , that sucks, sometimes they just leave parts....

Attachment 24536

Tough break. Good luck because its not exactly a "calling all cars" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Tough break. Good luck because its not exactly a "calling all cars" situation.
    Let us knows if you see it around Macomb County somewhere.

I saw that bike....
    It was at the Alamo.
    In the basement.

Face it, it is gone. That is why I only had bikes bought at garage sales growing up.

Sorry for your theft and I will keep a look out for it.

I've never seen a Fernet- Branca before so beyond its relatively brand uniqueness is there anything thing distinctive to your bike? Perhaps a sticker on it, a unique scratch etc. that would clearly mark it as yours. May I assume you have the serial number for it too?

I would hate to snoop around someone's bike without reason.

Have you listed it here?

http://detroitbikeblacklist.com/

Hope you find it. One thing's for sure, not many of those are probably around, so that should help in finding it. Good luck in your search.

Willi Guest

Should we tackle the guy, tazer him, mace him and use zip ties on wrists and ankles
    in a heroic attempt at vigilante justice - UNTIL the Detroit cops come to investigate -
    ............. a call about a stolen bike ?

Even if someone does see it -- How do you plan to get it back ? -- Swipe it back in the night ?

Hey man, I get it, it sucks bigtime. Thieves are low life scumbags parasites upon society.
    I've had my car stolen and in NJ the cops don't even show up for that, you file over the phone.
    I just think you need to get an old Beater Bike off Craigs List and not hope tooo much. Sorry

I thought Fernet-Branca was a brand of bitters

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I thought Fernet-Branca was a brand of bitters
    It's a Nirve model bike. A promotional give away at business's across the US.

A few for resale on the web $250 to $350

Long ago a friend of mine living in pre-hipster south of Wayne State Cass Corridor bought a very good brand new Peugot bike. And a can of gray spray paint. He then scruff painted the bike to the point where at first glance it looked like an aged beater. He had a great high performance ride, never a theft attempt and, since he was also someone who didn't like to flaunt his good fortune, never was accused of being a show-off.