Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Children ejected onto highway

http://www.freep.com/article/2009073...ithout-license

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Free Press
    Two of the children were tossed onto the other side of the highway, where Alexia Patrick, 10, was struck by a tractor-trailer. She and brother Jamel El-Amin, 5, were pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
    WTF!

Tragic, sad and unfortunate.
    Nothing else needs to be said.

Much can be said,but is inappropriate considering the deaths of the children.

I believe that it is inappropriate to remain silent.
    When parents behave irresponsibly, it should be pointed out. Just the driving record suggests gross irresponsibility. The children should have been restrained. Period.
    This is a sad, preventable, tragedy.

This 'person' has never even had a driver's license. She's racked up numerous traffic violations, WITHOUT EVER HAVING HAD A LICENSE!

At what point should she have been put in jail?

Now? Now, that she's caused the lose of lives, and of children no less.

Sad, sad beyond words.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    At what point should she have been put in jail?
    I agree, but could you imagine the fuss that would be raised if a white cop arrested her? Another case of DWB?

Time for Beer Summit II?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I agree, but could you imagine the fuss that would be raised if a white cop arrested her? Another case of DWB?

Time for Beer Summit II?
    How so? If she were arrested for having multiple tickets and no license there would be no fuss. Obviously you don't understand the argument the issue of being pulled over for nothing other than being black.

I'll make it simple for you.

Acceptable: Black person pulled over for valid traffic violation
    Unacceptable: Black person pulled over for 'suspicion' of something or pulled over for something like having an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    How so? If she were arrested for having multiple tickets and no license there would be no fuss. Obviously you don't understand the argument the issue of being pulled over for nothing other than being black.

Unacceptable: Black person pulled over for 'suspicion' of something or pulled over for something like having an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

Answer me this....if a black man robs a store and gets away driving a white cadillac and there is a "be on the lookout for" issued by a police department, does this mean that the police can't stop any white cadillac being driven by a black male because that may be considered profiling? Or, do the police have to actually know for sure that this is the person who robbed the store before they can stop them?

I am using a black male for this sceneario, but it could just as well be a short, fat Italian man driving a Chrysler, or a blonde woman driving a Corvette. My point is, if a crime is committed and a description of the person is given and it could possibly be someone you are concentrating on, why would that be considered profiling?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post

How about an elderly white man driving with his wife and daughter pulled over by a white Ohio State Trooper for 'suspicion'? 'Just checking things out' he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Answer me this....if a black man robs a store and gets away driving a white cadillac and there is a "be on the lookout for" issued by a police department, does this mean that the police can't stop any white cadillac being driven by a black male because that may be considered profiling? Or, do the police have to actually know for sure that this is the person who robbed the store before they can stop them?

I am using a black male for this sceneario, but it could just as well be a short, fat Italian man driving a Chrysler, or a blonde woman driving a Corvette. My point is, if a crime is committed and a description of the person is given and it could possibly be someone you are concentrating on, why would that be considered profiling?
    Honestly Buy American, I don't understand how racism can even exist. Most people can't tell the difference between vastly different circumstances so I'm always amazed they can tell the difference between a white person, a black person, or a Jew.

How is this a racial issue? You guys are something else. This is really no different than the kids crashing into the train, crashing in the wall or any drunk crashing into anything.

MIRepublic Guest

What a sick way for this thread to descend, and it's not surprise that it was Retroit to derail it with his constant oinflammatory bullshit. You don't deserve to be here any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    How is this a racial issue? You guys are something else. This is really no different than the kids crashing into the train, crashing in the wall or any drunk crashing into anything.

It is totally different than those deaths. The kids had a drivers license and had a legal
    right to drive, although the one kid that hit the train did lose it the day before the accident. The kids in these vehicles all chose to ride with those drivers, they did not have to.
    The woman in the van that killed her own kids never had a license, should never have been on any road, not to mention driving out of state. The kids had no seat belts on or child seats. And the kids had no choice, they had to go with the mother.
    She is the definition of child neglect/endangerment.