Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Delectricity Mega Projections Light up the DIA and Libary

A silhouetted bronze sculpture of Poseidon frames the illuminated main entrance to the Detroit Institute of Arts during Detroit's annual Delectricity festival of lights.

Most dramatic are the electronic music-choreographed projections cast on the Detroit Institute or Arts and, facing it across Woodward Avenue, the Detroit Public Library Main Branch.

Wow! cool looks like fun.

An incredibly awesome experience.

Is this the only event like this in the country? I was kicking myself for not coming with the kids last time, then I go and repeat the mistake. Kudos to the organizers because its impressive on video, I can only imagine being there in person...

Been both years and loved it both times. Really awesome and unique art and a great crowd enjoying it all.

I really, really, really hope the organizers make it a yearly event. It has definitely become a "must do" for me.