Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Great Lakes Outdoor adventure Center.

I had thought that the Outdoor Adventure Center would had been open by now. The office part i s but work is still being done in the play area

I couldn't find any videos when I searched the name of this facility on Google. My kids want a sneak-peak of the place. Maybe I'm searching wrong?

There's not much unless you want to see some rebar.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...s_463859_7.pdf

Or have a look at some crude renderings.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...n_467691_7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    I couldn't find any videos when I searched the name of this facility on Google. My kids want a sneak-peak of the place. Maybe I'm searching wrong?
    It's the former Globe Building at the end of the d equine cut

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had thought that the Outdoor Adventure Center would had been open by now. The office part i s but work is still being done in the play area
    Of course the office part is open, so the bureaucrats can get paid for working at an inoperative facility.

Thought I had already posted this, but perhaps not. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

If you want a peek, the Dine Drink Detroit launch party is being held there Monday [[9/29) from 7-10. It's a benefit for Detroit Riverfront Conservancy, and the $15 ticket gets you 2 Drinks & 2 Food Tickets [[Gold Cash Gold). Elsewhere in the info it mentions food from Gold Cash Gold, Parks N' Rec, El Guapo, Mac Shack. [[I've been interested in trying the first two without committing to some $50-ish dinner at revolver.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/558370944268887/

I asked about designated drivers and here is the response I received: "The Launch Party is Free to attend and the ticket price of $15 is only charged if you would like a sampling of drinks and food."

Since they are handing out drink tickets with paid reservations, I assume bringing under-21s into the place would be a problem. Still if you want to ask, they do answer their FB messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    Thought I had already posted this, but perhaps not. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

If you want a peek, the Dine Drink Detroit launch party is being held there Monday [[9/29) from 7-10. It's a benefit for Detroit Riverfront Conservancy, and the $15 ticket gets you 2 Drinks & 2 Food Tickets [[Gold Cash Gold). Elsewhere in the info it mentions food from Gold Cash Gold, Parks N' Rec, El Guapo, Mac Shack. [[I've been interested in trying the first two without committing to some $50-ish dinner at revolver.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/558370944268887/

I asked about designated drivers and here is the response I received: "The Launch Party is Free to attend and the ticket price of $15 is only charged if you would like a sampling of drinks and food."

Since they are handing out drink tickets with paid reservations, I assume bringing under-21s into the place would be a problem. Still if you want to ask, they do answer their FB messages.
    Good info post, Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Of course the office part is open, so the bureaucrats can get paid for working at an inoperative facility.
    What gives you the idea it's inoperative? Construction is finished and the building is functional. The only thing not done are the exhibits, geez.