Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Oklahoma beheading suspect regains consciousness, interviewed by police

From article:
    No terrorism link found

Nolen had tried to convert co-workers to Islam, officials said.

U.S. law enforcement officials said there are no indications linking Thursday's attack to terrorism. ISIS, also known as the Islamic State, has made a name for its itself with several videotaped beheadings in the Middle East.

The Oklahoma Conference of Churches issued a statement on Saturday urging "all Oklahomans and people everywhere not to equate Mr. [[Nolen's) actions with the beliefs and practices of the Islamic Community in Oklahoma."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/27/us/okl...clesidebarall&
    iref=obnetwork
    ^^^ Whatever.

^^^ Yeah. Precisely......
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-07-14 at 05:46 AM.

I think you're both misunderstanding the meaning of "no terrorism link found".

Fundamentalism / extremism can exist without direct ties to organized Islamic groups.

Which is yet to be determined [[the ties that is)... and yes your definition is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Which is yet to be determined [[the ties that is)... and yes your definition is accurate.
    Right, which is why it says "no terrorism link found". So why the derision?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Right, which is why it says "no terrorism link found". So why the derision?
    Maybe the hatred for the US as reported from his Facebook page, followed by the fact he beheaded someone, drew some suspicion. Or maybe it was just an industrial accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Maybe the hatred for the US as reported from his Facebook page, followed by the fact he beheaded someone, drew some suspicion. Or maybe it was just an industrial accident.
    So, ignorance?

Typical, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    So, ignorance?

Typical, I guess.
    Whatever works for you.

Onward. The charges, investigation and questionings of motive:

Murder charge filed, death penalty sought against Alton Nolen in workplace beheading

Nolen admits to beheading coworker, authorities say

Read more: http://www.koco.com/news/murder-char...#ixzz3FpnKVQod

He has an interesting facebook page to say the least:

A beheading in Oklahoma: Was it terrorism or workplace violence?

http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-behea...184638839.html

Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-14 at 06:40 AM.

We have certainly harvested a bunch of home grown terrorists over the years, some with religious leanings, some not. Many many have been of Christian heritage if not practice. Some have been motivated by religion, some by antagonism toward one group or another, some by the desire go out in a blaze of inglory. In my mind, they have all been terrorists.

The distinction here is that this man, though clearly on a religious path, was not motivated to do this act by others of this religion, and cannot be truly connected with them in his current state of learning. He was motivated by rage over loss of his job, and dislike of the people he worked with, and quite likely a sense of injustice because of race.

There has also been a lot of confusion over terror acts. Are they criminal acts, or are they military acts? The two categories require different responses. An act connected with Al Quaeda or ISIL/S or Hamas is one thing, an act by one individual not so connected is another.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    We have certainly harvested a bunch of home grown terrorists over the years, some with religious leanings, some not. Many many have been of Christian heritage if not practice. Some have been motivated by religion, some by antagonism toward one group or another, some by the desire go out in a blaze of inglory. In my mind, they have all been terrorists.

The distinction here is that this man, though clearly on a religious path, was not motivated to do this act by others of this religion, and cannot be truly connected with them in his current state of learning. He was motivated by rage over loss of his job, and dislike of the people he worked with, and quite likely a sense of injustice because of race.

There has also been a lot of confusion over terror acts. Are they criminal acts, or are they military acts? The two categories require different responses. An act connected with Al Quaeda or ISIL/S or Hamas is one thing, an act by one individual not so connected is another.
    Media seems to have a problem connecting the dots. Let me help. Putting anti US shit on Facebook, then cutting someone's head off, is terrorism.

That is what I said. BUT it is by an individual perp, not by an entire religious group or by any international terror organization. There is a difference. One is a criminal act. The other has morphed into an act of war.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    That is what I said. BUT it is by an individual perp, not by an entire religious group or by any international terror organization. There is a difference. One is a criminal act. The other has morphed into an act of war.
    Exactly. I don't know why this is difficult to understand.

I hear you Gazhekwe. That's what I say [[it's is an individual perp) when a nut blows up an abortion clinic and sites Christian justifications for doing so - unless proven otherwise. We are not almost mid-October and so far none of the terrorist groups have claimed a public endorsement. The trial going forth will be something to behold.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-13-14 at 06:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2